Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by gortonboy View Post
    Hi,,,do you have Johns marriage certificate,,or a transcript of it?
    I guess I didn't expect such prompt and amazing support. THANK YOU.

I have tried to attach what I have for John's Marriage. It is a listing or an Index I believe. I know that my cousin in Toronto ordered a copy of the Marriage certificate and am waiting to hear back from her if she has received it or not.

I may need to contact you directly, via E-mail, to send you documentation as I'm not sure if you are getting it through this website. My direct E-mail address is [email protected] - if you don't get this Index here, contact me direct and I will send it as an attachment directly to you.
    And thank you for your assistance; you obviously know a LOT about genealogy!

Dennis

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

yes this is Julia Lanigan. We have verification of this through the Find a Grave memorial.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Gortonboy - I am not sure about this birth record. All I have (via my cousin) about Julia's Birth is "Born about 1819 in Ireland". We are both operating from a Family History page left to us by an Aunt Mary; she wrote down what she knew of the family history in the 1970's and my cousin and I are proceeding from this document. Aunt Mary's notes just say about John and Julia "They were born in Ireland and emigrated to England. Do not know their Christian names".

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

This tallies with what I have been able to find.

It is a death record and it fits other timelines - but I would still like some other corroboration that this is our John. This is how my searches have gone to date - a snippet here, a record there, but no clear corroboration about him.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Probably the cheapest source for a copy of the 1838 marriage is GRO in Southport, Lancs. They should charge £9.25 for a certificate.

The information they will need, apart from the couples names, is that the marriage was registered in Manchester Jul – Sept 1838 Volume 20, page 590.

Order using this link:

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/
    ELWYN

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thanks for your input Elwyn

I agree that this is going to be difficult. I am kind of partial to the theory of McKernans coming from Fermanagh because I was having a Guinness in Dublin on the Sunday of your centenary, and I asked the people who were sitting next to me where they were from. Fermanagh as it turns out. I told them about my genealogy research and difficulties trying to find my great great grandfather McKernan; they laughed as BOTH their neighbors at home were McKernans! Other than this, Mystery John could be from anywhere in the north.

Dennis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12