Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    bettyespana

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    It did indeed. William married Mary Goldthorpe 11 October 1836, in Barrow on Humber. Found via my worth-its-weight-in-gold Volume 5 of Lincolnshire FHS Marriage indexes 1700-1837.
    PR image online at Lincstothepast. https://www.
    lincstothepast.com/Records/RecordDisplayTranscript.aspx?oid=513757&iid=36618

FMP have unwatermarked images in their Lincolnshire parish registers set, but the marriage pages for Barrow on Humber aren't in any particular order - seem to repeat the early register at least twice! - so I don't think they have the 1813-1837 register.

Pam
    Thanks for this Pam will try & have a look at this online.

bettyespana

Quote Originally Posted by bettyespana View Post
    Thanks for this Pam will try & have a look at this online.
    Whoops apparently the site can,t be reached

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    FMP have unwatermarked images in their Lincolnshire parish registers set, but the marriage pages for Barrow on Humber aren't in any particular order - seem to repeat the early register at least twice! - so I don't think they have the 1813-1837 register.

Pam
    You can get the image if you search the data set:
    Lincolnshire, Parish Registers Surname Search, 1695-1911

Unfortunately its the old form certificate so there's not a lot of useful information there - William was a bachelor, nothing is recorded about Mary's status, William was literate, Mary not and they married by Banns.

I wonder what if anything was the relationship between his wives as they were both Goldthorpes.

Brick wall demolition expert!

I’ve been having a look for Agnes Robinson.

In 1881 she was 7 months old and living with her grandparents (Henry & Mary Robinson, both born in 1822) and their unmarried children. Henry was a farmer and carrier from Winteringham, Lincolnshire and Mary was from Keelby, Lincolnshire. (RG11 Piece 3286 Folio 57 Page 18

I have not found her in the 1891 census.

In 1901 she is a live-in servant in Winteringham. (RG13 Piece 3104 Folio 15 Page8)

I cannot find any birth record for her that matches the details in censuses. Namely Agnes M Robinson born 1880 +/- 2 years in Grimsby.

Whilst back tracking this family through the grandfather, Henry, I have realised that there are two Parishes with similar names and each had a Henry Robinson of about the same age. The two parishes are Winteron and WINTERINGHAM, and it is the latter that is the Henry who is the grandfather of Agnes.

1841 – not found

In 1851 Henry in the Winteringham: Was the married carrier head of his household, which consisted of his wife, Mary who was from Keeley, and a couple of children. (Piece 2117 Folio 96 Page 9).

1861 Henry and Mary in Winteringham – (Piece 2400 Folio 61 Page 20)

1871 Henry and Mary in Winteringham – (Piece 3431 Folio 61 Page 20)

1891 Henry and Mary in Winteringham – (Piece 2627 Folio 43 Page 6)

1901 Henry and Mary in Winteringham - (Piece 3104 Folio 16 Page 9)

Henry died either 1907 or 1909 (Glanford Brigg registration district).

Baptism in Winteringham:
    27 Oct 1821 born 24 Oct Henry son of William and Ellen

bettyespana

Quote Originally Posted by Megan Roberts View Post
    I’ve been having a look for Agnes Robinson.

In 1881 she was 7 months old and living with her grandparents (Henry & Mary Robinson, both born in 1822) and their unmarried children. Henry was a farmer and carrier from Winteringham, Lincolnshire and Mary was from Keelby, Lincolnshire. (RG11 Piece 3286 Folio 57 Page 18

I have not found her in the 1891 census.

In 1901 she is a live-in servant in Winteringham. (RG13 Piece 3104 Folio 15 Page8)

I cannot find any birth record for her that matches the details in censuses. Namely Agnes M Robinson born 1880 +/- 2 years in Grimsby.

Whilst back tracking this family through the grandfather, Henry, I have realised that there are two Parishes with similar names and each had a Henry Robinson of about the same age. The two parishes are Winteron and WINTERINGHAM, and it is the latter that is the Henry who is the grandfather of Agnes.

1841 – not found

In 1851 Henry in the Winteringham: Was the married carrier head of his household, which consisted of his wife, Mary who was from Keeley, and a couple of children. (Piece 2117 Folio 96 Page 9).

1861 Henry and Mary in Winteringham – (Piece 2400 Folio 61 Page 20)

1871 Henry and Mary in Winteringham – (Piece 3431 Folio 61 Page 20)

1891 Henry and Mary in Winteringham – (Piece 2627 Folio 43 Page 6)

1901 Henry and Mary in Winteringham - (Piece 3104 Folio 16 Page 9)

Henry died either 1907 or 1909 (Glanford Brigg registration district).

Baptism in Winteringham:
    27 Oct 1821 born 24 Oct Henry son of William and Ellen
    Hi Pam,

I have spoken to the Grandson of James Mouncey & he tells me he thought his Grandad married Agnes Robinson in Sculcoates Hull.1911
    The only marriage I can see in Family Search is one for Agnes M.H.Robinson.Is this the one you have because the Grandson says he thinks she had the name Mary as well but doesn't know what the H was for if this is her.The Grandson also thinks there is a link to Sheffield with her mother another Mary.
    Hope this is of help

bettyespana

Quote Originally Posted by bettyespana View Post
    Hi Pam,

I have spoken to the Grandson of James Mouncey & he tells me he thought his Grandad married Agnes Robinson in Sculcoates Hull.1911
    The only marriage I can see in Family Search is one for Agnes M.H.Robinson.Is this the one you have because the Grandson says he thinks she had the name Mary as well but doesn't know what the H was for if this is her.The Grandson also thinks there is a link to Sheffield with her mother another Mary.
    Hope this is of help
    Thank you for all the help you have given & the time it is very much appreciated.
    Regards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12