larmet1969

Default looking for fanny larmet

looking for info on a fanny larmet buried in grantham cemetery on the grave stone it reads fanny larmet neice of Matthew and fanny larmet richmond but doesnt give details of her mother and father cant seem to find a birth for her to pinpoint her mum and dad died 1874 aged 6 years

Do you mean that she died 1874 aged 6?
    I suggest that you get copies of her birth and death certificates. They should solve the mystery of her parents.

Brick wall demolition expert!

Fanny Larmet was living with Matthew and Fanny in the 1871 census – RG10 Piece 3361 Folio 26 Page 4.

I cannot see any birth or death registration for her. The only entries apart from the census relate to burial records.

I note that a Fanny Larmet was born in 1893 in Holbeach, Lincolnshire, and would guess that there is a reasonable chance that the two are connected in some way.

I have been trying to find Matthew and Fanny marriage, and meeting a brickwall looked at the censuses. They only seem to appear in 1871, 1881, and 1901. In the 1881 census they have a visitor whose name has been transcribed as LAVMOTT, and I think that it is probably the same family as LARMET. They all seem to come from the Gedney Hill / Gedney Dyke area.

Doing a general search for LARMET in Lincolnshire there are a number of burials in Gedney Hill. I also notice the birth and death record for an Ann Richmond Larmet in 1855 and a Emmanuel Richmond Larmet in 1854, which I would guess is connected in someway.

I have now found a marriage which is for Matthew and Fanny, but it is 1846 for Matthew RICHMAN Larmet and Frances Buff Bass. His father was William Larmet. For some unknown reason he seems to have dropped the surname Larmet.

Death
    Fanny Larmett age 6 Grantham registration district vol 7a page 292

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Famous for offering help & advice

Possible birth reg

Fanny Larmett
    Apr-May-Jun 1867
    Holbeach Lincolnshire
    Volume 7A
    Page 363

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Matthew was registered at birth as Matthew Larmet Richman (or Richmond) He was the illegitimate child of William Larmet and Sarah Richmond. By law, he could not take the name "Larmet", so they included that as his middle name. By the way, he had a brother in the same situation. William Larmet was married to Ann Richmond. They had a number of children together, but many of them died. After a while Ann is out of the picture (though she didn't die till many years later) and Sarah moved in with the family.
    Last edited by grunewal; 12-11-2016 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Error in information