Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hi just came across this my grandad was a Vallis and lived in shrewton he had a daughter Murial , who married and became a Thelwell they use too live in maddington I am sure his name was George Vallis .thanks

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums Kim Thelwell

This thread https://www.british-genealogy.com/th...hestron-VALLIS was started and finished in 2007 but if the posters still have the same email addresses they should receive notification of your post.
    I have done a little searching and found that Muriel Vallis at her marriage in 1934 had the middle initials A and M. I then searched for a birth for Muriel A M Vallis on FreeBMD and only one came up Muriel A m Vallis March 1/4 1911 registration district Amesbury vol 5a page 133

So I took a look at the 1911 census and there is this family. Francis has made rather a mess of filling in the census form
    South View Cottage, Shrewton, S O, Wilts
    Francis Robert Vallis age 25 bricklayer/labourer? for government contractor, born Shrewton. Transcribed as age 45 but is 25.
    Alice Mary Vallis wife 31 born Buckland Dorset
    Muriel Alice Maud Vallis 3 months daughter born Shrewton Wiltshire
    Married 3 years, 1 child born to the marriage

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Marriage Dec 1/4 1909 Amesbury registration district vol 5a page 377
    Francis Robert Vallis to Alice Mary Sibley

Birth
    June 1/4 1885 Amesbury vol 5a page 171
    Francis Robert Vallis.

Hi just came across this my grandad was a Vallis and lived in shrewton he had a daughter Murial , who married and became a Thelwell they use too live in maddington I am sure his name was George Vallis .thanks

What makes you think your grand father's name was George?

There is a probate record for Francis Robert Vallis on ancestry. He died 15 February 1941 andprobate was granted to his widow Alice Mary Vallis and his dau Muriel

Ok this looks like the George Vallis you are referring to. He is actually a great grandfather and in this the 1891census Francis Robert is recorded as Robert.
    RG12 Piece 1614 Folio 31 Page 16
    Shrewton, Amesbury
    George Vallis 35 Bricklayers labourer born Shrewton
    Alice Vallis 33 wife born Birmingham
    George Vallis 13 Birmingham
    Arthur Vallis 8 Orcheston? Wilts
    Robert Vallis 5 Shrewton
    Edith Vallis 3 Shrewton

Christina
    William Burroughs

Hi , sibley is buried in church yard at shrewton and I am sure my dad said I'm near bye village as well , I would have too speak too my dad as this is a long time ago , are you related in any way .thanks

Hi
    If you are asking me if I am related in anyway the answer is NO. I just got curious about your post and did what the members of British-Genealogy do- see if I could help with any information.

Is there anything specific you want to know about your family or are you just wanting to make contact with relatives?

Christina
    William Burroughs

Could be getting George confused but Murial was my gran and Alice her mother

Just looking for relatives as only my dad left now and be nice too no about them

All seems quit difficult too find people , can any one help my mums family was a real mystery don't even no a lot she came from a village in amesbury think her dads name was jack Ayres of London rd amesbury my mum violet Ayres married a man with name Wright she had 4 children I no the eldest was called Susan Wright she left them and I have half brothers and sisters I have never met , my mum remarried and became Thelwell I am rubbish at this sort of thing .thanks

Hi
    I have given your post a thread of its own in the Wiltshire forum here https://www.british-genealogy.com/th...l-in-Wiltshire but have put links to the other thread.

Christina
    William Burroughs

Hi
    we are now getting into dangerous territory because we are not allowed to post the names of living people or those possibly living and the Wright dau you mention above appears to have been born in 1948 so very possibly still alive.
    using the free site FreeBMD https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl there are too many marriages in the time frame to sort out who she may have married.
    I can see a son Wright born to a mother maiden name Ayres in 1949 but after that there are too many children in another county born to father Wright mother's maiden name Ayres to know whether they belong to your family.

Neither can I see a marriage between a Wright and a Violet Ayres on FreeBMD. You can follow the link I gave to this site and try fiddling around with the search terms to see if you can come up with anything.

If you have your Mum and Dad's marriage certificate it should give their father's names and occupations which will help find your mother's family. Also your mother's birth certificate will give the name of her father and her mother's maiden name.

Christina
    William Burroughs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast