Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

No I haven't considered that , but that's a good ideal thanks for your help

I phoned Wrights in Amesbury and found him my mums son , hope it turns out okay as there a lot older than me and might see me as outsider thanks ��

I do hope it all turns out fine for you. Good luck.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim thelwell View Post
    Looking for information on jack ayres lived in Amesbury wilts this is about 60 years ago
    First of all, see Christina's post #10 about living people. Is there a possibility that Jack could still be alive - you don't mention how old he might have been 60 years ago.

Then, although I've read through the thread, I'm a little confused over who is exactly whose parent/child, etc, so I'll try to summarise.
    Hi just came across this my grandad was a Vallis and lived in shrewton he had a daughter Murial , who married and became a Thelwell they use too live in maddington I am sure his name was George Vallis .thanks
    Muriel, aged 3 months, was found in the 1911 census with her parents Francis Robert and Alice Mary Vallis. See post #2.
    George was Muriel's grandfather. See post #3.

Muriel married a Thelwell. Post #1.

Marriage of a Muriel A M Vallis and a Charles G Thelwell took place between 1 April and 30 June 1934, somewhere in Amesbury registration district, not necessarily in Amesbury itself. (There is a link in post #20 for ordering the marriage certificate if you want to know where it took place.)

FreeBMD have two children born between 1935 and 1950 with the Thelwell surname, mother's maiden name Vallis.

In their 1939 Register, Findmypast have an entry for an Alice M Brown (Thelwell) born 1911 living in Amesbury registration district. Also in the household is a Charles G Thelwell, plus 2 more people whose records are officially still closed.
    Sadly, Bristol library don't provide access to FMP, so you'll have to purchase a few credits to gain access to that record. I can assure you that it will be worth it. (Look at the next four lines after Muriel/Alice's entry.)

The 'Brown (Thelwell)' means that Muriel married again to someone called Brown and there's a marriage on FreeBMD for a Muriel A M Thelwell to a Bertram G Brown, September quarter 1951, in Salisbury registration district.
    Charles was killed in 1941. Search https://www.cwgc.org/ for Charles George Thelwell for a little more information.

That seems to be the Thelwell line sorted.

Still confused over the Ayres/Wright bit though. This doesn't help
    I phoned Wrights in Amesbury and found him my mums son , hope it turns out okay as there a lot older than me and might see me as outsider thanks ��
    I presume this person has a Wright surname, and that the Jack Ayres you're looking for is your mother's father.

I'll have to give this a little more thought, and might end up sending you a private message sometime over the weekend.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123