John Gage

Default Rashdale of Thorp St Peter

I am trying to find the birth, death, parents and possible ancestors of a Robert Rashdale who married Rose Marshall at Thorpe St Peter in 1697 and by whom he had between 1698 and 1708 at least 6 x children. I would also like to find the same for his wife Rose Marshall (possibly b. abt 1680). Roberts father may have been another Robert. The family at this time seems to have flourished in the Ulceby, Thorpe, Wainfleet and Friskney area of Lincolnshire, but I have so far failed to tace the line further back.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thankyou
    John Gage

Reputation beyond repute

Robert Rashdale who married Rose Marshall at Thorpe St Peter in 1697
    What does the register have to say about the home parishes of the happy couple?

John Gage

Hi Peter,
    Very little actually, the original parish register for Thorpe St Peter gives the following "1697 - Robert Rashdale and Rose Marshall married January ye 13th." What I do know is that Robert was a church warden for many years at Thorpe, bu the registers give little more than that.
    Regards
    John

FMP has the baptismal image & transcription of a Rose Marshell, bap 7 Feb 1679. However, it is across the Wash at Wells next the Sea. Parents are Edward and Elizabeth.

Checked the offspring of Robert and Rose - in case either given name of the above Rose's parents was given to one of their children. However, can only spot Rose, Anne, Richard, Robert, John and Ruth.
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

There's a death for Rose Marshell, Wells next the Sea, father Edward, 19 Feb 1679.

Pl discount previous post.
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

John Gage

Hi helachau
    Bad luck, but i would have been doubrfull anyway as my family mainly stayed in Lincolnshire and had very frw contacts outside the county. in fact practically all my maternal lines, this is also one of them, are located in this part of Lincolnshire, right back to the mid 1500's.
    Thanks anyway for looking.
    Regards
    John