Default Marriage index 1760 - 1800

I've only just found this site, and it seems very helpful. I'm quite new to Genealogy (4 - 5 years) but have found Parish Registers invaluable. However I cannot trace a couple who may have married in Penmachno between 1760 and 1800. I believe that the church burned down and all records were lost. My question is this - is there a record (index) of all marriages that were held in England and Wales between these dates.Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Brick wall demolition expert!

No there isn't.

National indexes were introduced in 1837. Prior to that you have to rely on Parish records. Don't just look for Anglican records look at the non conformist records as well. The link below is for a site that takes you to the right records on the FamilySearch (Mormon) site.

https://www.archersoftware.co.uk/igi/fs-wls.htm

It may also be worth talking to the Caernarfon record office to see what that advise in terms of surviving records.

Wilkes_ml

You may be lucky and find that the Bishops Transcripts or the Archdeacon's Transcripts have survived. the church had to file copies of its registers to the Bishop each year, and copies were also sent to the Carch Deacon, but I'm not sure how often. Although these may contain some errors due to the nature of copying a document (there is always a risk some error may creep in), it is the next best thing when original parish registers have been destroyed through fire, theft, mice or water.

The County Record office covering the parish should be able to tell you if it has either BTs or ADs.

Wilkes_ml

Are you talking about the penmachno in Caernarvonshire Wales? Like Megan, I also checked Family Search, and it is showing as having both the original parish Registers marriages from 1754 and Baptisms & Burials from 1785 along with BTSs from 1693, which can all be ordered on microfilm to be viewed at a Family Centre near you if you can't get to the Record Office.

Reputation beyond repute

I believe that the church burned down and all records were lost
    Have a look at GenUKI. They don't think the records were lost.

https://www.genuki.org.uk/big/wal/CAE/CAE_PR

By the way, don't be misled. Leaving aside the special cases of Quakers and Jews, marriages in the period you're interested in could only take place in a parish church (which means Anglican). Marriage was not possible in a nonconformist chapel. Traditionally, marriage was in the bride's home parish, regardless of where the couple intended to make their homes.

Thank you all for replying, most helpful.I subscribe to FMP and Ancestry and use Family Search all the time. I have tried for months to trace the marriage in Dolwyddelan, I have been to the Archives in Caernarvon who were exceptionally helpful and can only think that they may have married in Penmacho, (same Parish) where Morgan's family lived. I was led to believe the the church was burnt.The marriage is between Griffith Ellis Morgan b 1735 and Lucy (Liws, Luce, Lucie) Jones b 1739.These two were born in Dolwyddelan. they may have been away from the area when they married, but it's unlikely. I presumed, wrongly, that Lucy would be an easy name to find, but I have only found a baptism record in Dolwyddelan.

Brick wall demolition expert!

Have you tried Gwynedd Family History Society?

I see you are in Ynys Mon - well GFHS has a place in Caernarfon which is only open one Saturday each month, so might be worth a trip over there. The link is below:
    https://www.gwyneddfhs.co.uk/index.html