Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Valued member of Brit-Gen

Default Thomas Trueman Glen

I am looking for any information on Thomas Trueman Glen b 11th August 1866 Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland. His parents were Alexander Glen 1834-1923 and Rachael Trueman 1828-1866

Wilkes_ml

What information are you looking for? Scotland's People would be the first place to start. As birth registrations started in 1855, you should be able to find Thomas's birth entry.

Scotland's People is a pay per view site, costing one credit to view hits and 5 credits (£3) to view an entry, so works out cheaper than a English/Welsh certificate, but because it is pay per view you won't get many people volunteering to spend credits!

Wilkes_ml

Alexander GLEN married Rachael TRUEMAN 7th June 1860 at Falkirk, Sterling, Scotland [from family Search] but the actual marriage entry will give you information about their parents.

Hi Wilkes_ml,
    Have searched Scotlands People, Find my Past, Ancestry etc but can find no trace of him after his birth

Wilkes_ml

I can find no census data for them on FreeCEN or Ancestry from 1861, so did they emigrate?

In 1851 a 14 year old Alexander GLENN is living with his married aunt Elizabeth BAIRD & uncle Robert BAIRD at Falkirk, Stirlingshire. born Grahamston [from FreeCen]

In 1841 at Falkirk, Stirlingshire:

a 3 year old Alr. GLEN is living in the family of James GLEN {aged 30) a tailor born Stirlingshire, Jean GLEN, aged 25 born Stirlingshire, John GLEN aged 7 born Stirlingshire, Mary GLEN aged 1 born Stirlingshire. Ages above 5 were rounded down to the nearest 5. It is likely Alexander is the son of James & Jean, but relationships were not given in 1841 census - you would need to check his birth entry to confirm they were his parents.

Wilkes_ml

Quote Originally Posted by gengrant View Post
    Hi Wilkes_ml,
    Have searched Scotlands People, Find my Past, Ancestry etc but can find no trace of him after his birth
    Me neither so I assume the couple emigrated before 1871.

Wilkes_ml

I found them in 1861 at 12 Strachans Court, Edingburgh.

Alexr GLENN aged 26 b. St. Nincans, Stirlingshire
    Ratchal GLENN aged 30 born Midlothian on Ancestry Index.

Have you looked for deaths on Scotland's People incase they both died between 1866 and 1871?

Alexander Glen married Rachael Trueman on the 3rd June 1860 at Falkirk Stirling. I have lots of information on them but I am unable to find any trace of their son Thomas Trueman Glen

It would probably save people's time when they're trying to help you of you tell us relevant info such as where &I when the parents died, what they did for a living, and where you have looked. If you say "I can't find X after his birth" people are obviously going to start looking for the parents.

Have you checked for a childhood death on Scotland's People? Also with only middle initial and without a middle name at all?

Hi Lesley, yes I have searched Scotland's people as previously stated to no avail. His Father was a Coach Builder in Edinburgh. I am sorry for the confusion but I did state that I was looking for information on Thomas Trueman Glen who seems to have disappeared after his birth, I think that his Mother died about three months after his birth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast