Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home DavidByronStone's Avatar

Default Arthur Cecil Minnitt and Adelaide Pell

I'm helping a friend try to locate the exact dates of a cousin of his grandfather and his wife. The names are Arthur Cecil Minnitt and his wife Adelaide Pell. He was born sometime between Apr-Jun 1920 and died in 2010 in West Bridgford, Nottingham England. I don't have any info on her. They were married on June 28,1947 but this friend of mine would like to find out the exact birth and death dates of both of them. Thanks!

Famous for offering help & advice

Purchasing the marraige cert should give DOB and fathers names of Arthur and Cecil. I can see 3 children born mothers maiden name Pell in Nottinghamshire between 1951-1955. Do you have these?

Brick wall demolition expert!

A 2010 death certificate will show both the dates of death and birth. Unfortunately the on line death indexes only go to 2007, so I cannot give you the GRO reference.

If you work your way through the GRO link below it may be possible to order the certificate without the reference.
    https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

If Adelaide was also from Nottinghamshire there is a birth registration in 1919 in Bingham for an Adelaide M E Pell

Quote Originally Posted by Pamelawagster View Post
    Purchasing the marraige cert should give DOB
    Marriage certificates do not give dates of birth - ages only.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

According to the probate index Adelaide Mary Elizabeth Pell died on 16 December 2014. Arthur's name is not in the index so presumably he didn't leave a will.

As Megan has said, a death certificate will give you the date of death, as well as a birth date which in this day and age should give be accurate. But we've all read stories that disprove that theory, so you should obtain the birth certificate as well.

Re the birth dates of Arthur and Adelaide, in England and Wales you have six weeks in which to register a birth so they could have been born before the quarter year in the GRO Index. e.g. Arthur could have been born on 1 March 1920.

Although the online death indexes only go up to 2007, there are about six centres which hold indexes up to at least last year, possibly the last quarter. A list can be found using the GRO site Megan gave earlier.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

janbooth

Adelaide looks to have survived her husband as she is on the Electoral Register of Nottingham for 2012. As Megan has suggested, purchasing the death certificates for both Arthur & Adelaide should provide all the information your friend requires.

Janet

Pam beat me to it with much better information!!

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by Megan Roberts View Post
    Marriage certificates do not give dates of birth - ages only.
    Oops. Of course! I should know that!

Hello! Yes, she was also from Nottinghamshire and the friend had suspicions that she was born around 1919 but nothing factual.

Yes, they confirmed that they have the three children.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidByronStone View Post
    Hello! Yes, she was also from Nottinghamshire and the friend had suspicions that she was born around 1919 but nothing factual.
    Based on your response and the probate record referred to in post #5 then the birth registration I found in 1919 is almost certainly correct, since the probate record is for Adelaide Mary Elizabeth Minnett. The link to that record is below. You won't find any further information on line. You would have to buy the probate record.
    https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk...rch=True#wills

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast