Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hi, glad to be here - yes, that's the one (there's a link on the "Forum" page, I think). My uncle Don Atkins was a pilot with the squadron 1944-45, and the group was something of a revelation when I was trying to find out about his service.

I have some, though by no means extensive, accumulated knowledge of the squadron and its operations for the period August 1944- VE Day. However, a far more comprehensive source, derived primarily from the squadron records and including the names of many aircrew at least, is Oliver Clutton-Brock's history of the squadron "Trusty To The End".

Cheers, Pat.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hello Lesley,
    I am Ronny Witting from Neeroeteren Belgien. I am the vice president of Wotra, the local history association. We are investigating the crash of the Hampden x3066 that crashed on April 10, 1941 in Neeroeteren. I already have a lot of information about the crew. We also have a propeller piece of the aircraft in our possession. I was in Adegem on Friday to take pictures of the graves of the victims. I write the story of this crew, I have eyewitnesses and pictures of the plane.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Through my research on this plane, I know that Bill Howell was in Neeroeteren more than 50 times to visit his brother's grave. He was friends with Jef Mooris van Neeroeteren. I wanted to get in touch with Jack Howell's family. But I'm not sure how to do this. I find in newspaper articles that Bill Howell was here in Neeroeteren with his sons in the seventies. It would be nice if I could get in touch with these sons. Can you help me with this? Also have a look at our website www.wotra.be

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123