Loves to help with queries

Default Deaths in Canada

Could anyone help I am trying to find a death for Gertrude Pheobe Parker born about 1870 Agneta B Holt born 1915 and John O Holt 1913 I believe they may have emigrated to Montreal in the late 1940s
    Thank you
    Sue

Hi
    Gertrude Phoebe Chaplin married Harold Bottomley Parker June 1/4 1909.
    Agneta B Holt birth reg is Agneta B Parker Portsmouth 1915 mother's maiden name Chaplin. Agneta married John O Holt in 1939 in Rugby reg district.
    I am just trying to get some background to make the search easier.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Loves to help with queries

Thank you

Hi
    I am still looking at this.
    The only birth of a Gertrude Phoebe Chaplin I can find is in 1879 in the registration district Bromley(spans Greater London and Kent) which, if it is your Gertrude, will make a difference when searching.
    Yes, I see this Gertrude Phoebe is in the 1911 census living in Laudport Portsmouth , wife, married one year, born Bromley Kent. But she is alone. I wonder where Harold Bottomley is?
    Gertrude, Agneta and John are on the 1939 register at the same address.

Christina
    William Burroughs

Agneta B Parker departed for New York on 16 Jul 1938. Occupation teacher.
    She returned to England on 15 Aug 1938 when she gave an address in Dagenham Essex.
    By 1939 they were living in Warwickshire.

John O Holt was an engineer and born supposedly c1873 so was older than her mother! Knowing this I still can't find any of them in Canada

Christina
    William Burroughs

The only death I can find for an Agneta B with any surname, in Canada, is for an Agneta B Gillis buried Nova Scotia Dec. 23, 1976 but her birth date is given as Feb. 6, 1914. The month would fit with Agneta's birth reg in the March 1/4 1915 but the year is out by 1.This may not matter as the informant may not have known the correct year. It would also have meant that Agneta remarried to a Daniel Gillis after the death of John O who was a lot older than her.

Christina
    William Burroughs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Gertrude Phoebe Parker (nee Chaplin, b ~1879) emigrated to Canada ~1950 and died in Peterborough Ontario, ~1960. She was married to Harold Bottomley Parker (b Dec 17, 1884) who was in the Royal Navy (this could account for Gertrude living alone in 1911) and died Nov. 1, 1914 in the HMS Good Hope at the Battle of Coronel. They had one daughter, Agneta Bottomley Parker (b Jan 28, 1915) who married John Ogburn Holt (b Aug 26, 1913) in 1939. They lived in Rugby, Warwickshire until emigrating to Canada in Mar 1947 (John Ogburn Holt) and Mar 1948 (Agneta Bottomley Holt) and settling in Peterborough, Ontario. Agneta Bottomley Holt (went by Neta) died in Sept 1962. She was one of the founders of Trent University. John Ogburn Holt, who was an electrical engineer, died in Peterborough Ontario, May 29, 1998. The confusion about his birth date probably stems from the fact that his father, grandfather and great-grandfather (b ~1845) of Chichester, West Sussex, were also named John Ogburn Holt.