Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Valued member of Brit-Gen emmteeyess's Avatar

Default Colour of Ancestry

Since Ancestry's new look was introduced, I've given them the benefit of the doubt and worked round getting used to it. (I ignore their 'Lifestory' function for example, and make allowances for their fuzzy search engine results - like WW1 results for someone who I've got dying in 1895 say)

Anyway I couldn't stick their depressing battleship grey background any longer and asked them if there was any way of getting an alternative.

This was their reply -

... you are able to change the background of the tree view.
    To do so click on your user name up in the top right corner when logged in and then choose "site preferences".
    On this page you can do a lot of useful changes to your Ancestry page.
    If you are interested in changing background colour, scroll down and choose under "tree colour preferences".

Am I the only person who didn't know this?

I've now got the choice of Wave, Jade, Plum, Sand and the original Stone - or as they look to my eyes - blue, turquoise, lilac, off white and battleship grey

The options are all better than that depressing battleship grey, and I'm going to give them all a go before deciding!

Cheers, MTS

Kiltpin

Well they hid that well! Everybody I asked said "Can't be done!" and I think that it couldn't to start with. Thanks for this info. I thought I was suffering from terminal depression ...

Regards

Kiltpin

PS As I thought - it says "UPDATED" next to site preferences - those sneaky people.

K
    Last edited by Kiltpin; 13-04-2016 at 5:39 PM. Reason: More info -

Wilkes_ml

I didn't know you could change the colour either!

Knowledgeable and helpful

Quote Originally Posted by emmteeyess View Post
    Am I the only person who didn't know this?
    No!

Quote Originally Posted by emmteeyess View Post
    I've now got the choice of Wave, Jade, Plum, Sand and the original Stone - or as they look to my eyes - blue, turquoise, lilac, off white and battleship grey
    Have you no romance, MTS?

Peter

Knowledgeable and helpful stepives's Avatar

Tried all the different colours, and went back to original. Too much 'in your face', with the other ones.

I'd rather have them sort all their site issues, than give me colour choices.
    Too many bones, too much sorrow, but until I am dead, there's always tomorrow.

Loves to help with queries

That's worth knowing. On the whole I like the new set up, but maybe someone here can tell me how to get the 'Family' column back on the right hand side of the individual's profile page. Some of my profile pages have suddenly switched to having only two columns ('Facts' and 'Sources') instead of three, and I can't find anyway to get the third column back. I tried contacting support, but they just directed me to a tutorial that had nothing to do with the problem.

Loves to help with queries

Quote Originally Posted by essbee View Post
    maybe someone here can tell me how to get the 'Family' column back on the right hand side of the individual's profile page. Some of my profile pages have suddenly switched to having only two columns ('Facts' and 'Sources') instead of three, and I can't find any way to get the third column back.
    Just answered my own question - the pages affected all included a reference to a source imported from a ged file that included some unused html symbols. I decided to tidy them up and Yay! as soon as I deleted them the 'Family' column immediately reappeared. Weird!

Valued member of Brit-Gen emmteeyess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elsinore View Post

Have you no romance, MTS?
    Of course - - I'm a real old romantic ...
    but, please - Wave, Jade, Plum, Sand and Stone? ...

Knowledgeable and helpful

Stone? How common!

Mine says Pebble.

Peter

Knowledgeable and helpful stepives's Avatar

I'd prefer black and white, but that's not an option. Prettying up the site does nothing for me, and I am a romantic. But romanticism has nothing to do with FH.

Does the colour help with saving records.....No. Does the colour make it any cheaper......No. Does the colour keep me interested.......No.

Please give me a yes someone, then maybe I might make a change if it's valid.
    Too many bones, too much sorrow, but until I am dead, there's always tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast