Europe West 39%
    Ireland 31%
    Great Britain 11%
    Iberian Peninsula 7%
    Italy/Greece 5%
    Scandinavia 2%
    Finland/Northwest Russia < 1%
    Caucasus 4%

I thought Great Britain would have been the hightest percentage. Most of the other's weren't even on my list for estimates.

I have made positive matches with about 43 now.

Most have been with my Crosier line (mother's mother's father's side). A few from my Fletcher line (mother's mother's mother's side). And one from Ann Moses (Jane Nixon's mother's line). Jane is whom married John Martin. Since I have no name for John's father, there may be matches there for him but I wouldn't know as I have nothing to go on. Who knows I just might find out, more then likely by accident.

Knowledgeable and helpful

It is not really surprising that your results show mostly Europe as the population of Britain is made up of European immigrants and invaders.
    Throughout history there was a flow of people for one reason and another between all of those places mentioned and the peoples of those countries would have similar DNA

It is really a case of understanding what the results are showing you.

You also have to remember that due to the way DNA is inherited it does not necessarily show all your ancestors after only a few generations (about 5) some ancestors may be completely missing from your DNA.
    This is where it gets complicated if you think of DNA in terms of whole chromosomes passed down the maximum number of genetic ancestors shown will be 44.
    However due to the way chromosomes recombine vastly more DNA from otherwise lost genetic ancestors is retained.

Cheers
    Guy
    As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

Valued member of Brit-Gen SandraL's Avatar

Yes a good example is how many fled to England etc from Ireland due to the great famine. Plus many from wars moved to other areas when some fell in love with people when stationed in certain locations. And that list goes on.

So I guess I can call myself a heinz. LOL

Knowledgeable and helpful stepives's Avatar

I thought Heinz had 57.

The great famine wasn't just about the Irish tragedy, it was across Northern England and Scotland, Scandinavia, and other parts of northern Europe, and over the Atlantic to Nova Scotia/New Brunswick.

What would be strange, if your DNA showed 96% East Asian. That would be worth shouting about, coz I would.

I really don't see the point of the DNA thing, as for thousands of years, people have travelled backwards and forwards throughout the 'connected' world. Less so, but still quite significant travel to the British Isles and beyond.
    When you think the Viking 'hoards' traveled most of Europe and the Middle east......and beyond that, it's no surprise we're mostly Heinz 44.....er, 57.
    Too many bones, too much sorrow, but until I am dead, there's always tomorrow.

Valued member of Brit-Gen SandraL's Avatar

I did it more to try and find more on my father's side. I am at a dead end for that line.