Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

The Australian Death Index record has Julia Moses ( wife of Elias Moses) 1904-parents Abraham and Leah.

Do the Sarah Moses wife of Nathan Joseph and Julia Moses wife of Elias Moses both with parents Abraham and Leah suggest that Sarah wife of Abraham Moses on the 1833 passenger list is Leah??? I would like to see the actual death certificates of Sarah and Julia to see further data.
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"

Loves to help with queries

Hi Philip. some papers for you https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aqh2q9ZwiLDijepM...z6L0Q?e=zIfw3k as to Julian in my mind its Julia, both certs are in the folder,

Loves to help with queries

The Two daughters shown who were born prior to the marriage stayed in Australia the two boys who were born after the marriage went back to London with their parents, just saying

Hi Kevin
    The documents link you sent confirms the Shannon name for Leah but it doesn't resolve the question about Sarah as the wife of Abraham on the passenger list 1833. Is Sarah also Leah? That is the question or is this another line? I also have among my people a similar issue and have thought that the children on the death of their parent recorded the last name of their grandparents based on what they remembered. For example, I have the mother of one of my line named on the death index ( Australia)but she appears to be their step mother. Their birth mother's name is not recorded.
    Is this the case for the two girls who remained in Australia?

What are your thoughts.

Hi Kevin
    I can't read Hebrew. What does the Ketubah for Abraham and Leah state in terms of names etc?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345