Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    david64

Default Free: 10 Mil. Irish Catholic Records

Evening,

I see no one has posted this.

FindMyPast just added an index and images to Catholic parish registers containing more than ten million entries. Those and all the Irish records have been made free to view until the 7th of March

The details can be found here:

https://bit.ly/1QLXi88

Thanks for letting us know David.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Loves to help with queries

The records on FindMYPast are the same as released last summer on registers.nli.ie but FindMyPast have now added an index and they claim this will all be free to access for ever. This week's free access gives you all their Irish collection including 23 million Petty Sessions records, newspapers prison records so lots to search.
    Ancestry have also indexed these records and are offering free access to all their Irish collection for the month of March. You will need to set up an account with them to access this data -This involves you giving your name and email address, that's all. No financial information is requested. Once your free account is confirmed, you're ready to start searching.

Knowledgeable and helpful

I joined to try and find information regarding my Great Great Grandfather born abt. 1812 in Roscommon but he doesn't come up in the Ireland Searches (I find him in England and Australian records but nothing in Ireland where born).

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Cook View Post
    I joined to try and find information regarding my Great Great Grandfather born abt. 1812 in Roscommon but he doesn't come up in the Ireland Searches (I find him in England and Australian records but nothing in Ireland where born).
    It may be that the parish that he comes from doesn't have records back as far as 1812. Few in Co. Roscommon do.
    ELWYN

ok, bugger

Quote Originally Posted by Elwyn Soutter View Post
    It may be that the parish that he comes from doesn't have records back as far as 1812. Few in Co. Roscommon do.
    From other things I have found, Bumlin, Graffoge; Boyle, Great Meadow & Fryars Park; plus Stokestown are possibilities.