Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hello again - well this is a find! Thank you so much. Those two house numbers now make sense because Robert's Will states he was living at 115 Errard Street when the Will was made. The carpenter by the name of F G Carroll and living at 121 Errard Street is Robert's son Frederick George who is my great grandfather. Frederick married in 1891; so depending on which directory you're showing here, his wife would've been living at 121 as well. Yes, I hope for your sake that air shaft's well and truly buried deep underground! Might be a few skeletons under there as well! I wonder if the Council can assist you with an old map that shows the situation of the mine and therefore where Bardwell was standing when he took the photo?

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default I am related to Robert Carroll

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Evans View Post
    Robert Carroll is my x 4 great grandfather, he was my great grandmother’ Violet Moore (Carroll) grandfather
    We have always wondered about Robert Carroll and you have found more information than we have known.
    His granddaughter was my great grandmother, who I knew. She lived on Fairchild Street in Richmond, Melbourne. Her last name was Dobson.
    Debra, there may have been more than one Vera, but she was my great Aunt (Vera Dobson). Is Violet Moore my great grandmothers sister? Does Jeanie Truwick ring a bell? I think she lived on Victoria street, my memory is not great, I was a kid.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Robert Carroll / Violet Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Debra Wilson View Post
    My 3 x great grandfather, Robert Carroll sailed to Melbourne Australia aboard the Glentanner and arrived on 27 September 1853. On his Wedding Certificate, it states his father's name as John Carroll and his mother as Catherine Brown. Does anyone have Robert in their Family Tree, and if so, can you give me any information about his life prior to leaving Jamaica? He was a dark skinned man and educated. Thanking you in anticipation. Debra
    Debra OMG, my mum Partricia (maiden name Mitchell) will have more info, i will call her & tell her, sorry for late reply, ill email you directly, I dont remember Vera but mum will, & yes there was a house in Victoria Street, Richmond I thought it was, might have been Abbotsford, mum will know, cheers Ill be i touch - FYI i think his wife Emily maiden name was Tresise, cheers

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by ajkirk5 View Post
    We have always wondered about Robert Carroll and you have found more information than we have known.
    His granddaughter was my great grandmother, who I knew. She lived on Fairchild Street in Richmond, Melbourne. Her last name was Dobson.
    Debra, there may have been more than one Vera, but she was my great Aunt (Vera Dobson). Is Violet Moore my great grandmothers sister? Does Jeanie Truwick ring a bell? I think she lived on Victoria street, my memory is not great, I was a kid.
    hi, are you related to diane kirk in ballan, victoria, australia? vera dobson was violet moore' (carroll) sister - cheers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123