Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    janbooth

Oh good find Alma. That ties in with James CADE jnr's birth/baptismal parish register record which records his mother Elizabeth as being the daughter of William SHIELDS which Jean also listed in post 21. It also ties in reasonably well with the age on the burial record of the James CADE at All Saints but not the age for Elizabeth CADE in 1835. However, I think she was being economical with the truth about her age at marriage as she was baptised at Market Weighton on 26 February 1767, daughter of William & Elizabeth SHIELDS - source Ancestry Select Births & Christenings. The location of her baptism & the name of her father fits with details on son James CADE's baptismal record. James CADE snr may have been baptised at Osbaldwick on 1 April 1775, son of Robert CADE - source Ancestry Select Births & Christenings (actual parish register image on FMP).

Janet

lynnelay

Thank you all. Another mystery solved. I have now got my James Cade in the right place and I am so pleased he was not a bigamist. (didn't want one in my family )
    Thank you all once again.
    Any ideas about Susannah Carter, or is that asking too much

Any ideas about Susannah Carter, or is that asking too much
    I keep trying to find more info about Susannah, as I'm sure others are. She's not revealing herself though for now.
    Alma

lynnelay

I received the death certificate for Elizabeth Cade this morning. The address is Cregoe St, Birmingham, which is the same as in the 1861 census. So I am happy that this is the Elizabeth Harvey, widow, that married James Cade in 1825. So on that account I am nearly happy. n No pleasing some people , I hear you say. I cannot find a burial on Ancestry So have you any ideas please.
    Last edited by lynnelay; 15-02-2016 at 11:48 AM. Reason: missing town

janbooth

Looks as if she may have been buried at Witton Cemetery - source Warwickshire Burials. No information other than her name and year of burial.

Janet

lynnelay

Thanks . I have e mailed BCC and asked if they have any details. I can but hope.

lynnelay

The Birmingham CC have been very helpful and exceedingly prompt. She was buried on 26 June 1864 in section 15 grave number 151. It was a public grave so there is no marker. Thanks for all your help on this forum. I will no doubt be back later.

janbooth

Brilliant, thanks for letting us know the outcome and well done Birmingham CC.

Janet

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

There are various threads about Samuel Harvey and his wife Susanna(h) Carter and their family.

To avoid duplicating research please refer to post #7 in the link given, and post any further replies there.
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/th...usannah-Carter

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345