Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    lynnelay

Have got a bit more info
    I have just looked more closely and this Samuel's father was a wheel wright not an engine fitter as on his death cert a couple of years before. Also he was of full age and Samuel Cade would only have been 19. Oh dear.
    I will definitely check those in Harborne.

lynnelay

I have received a reply from Chris Ward. He can't help much , but it is nice to contact him. It seems we share a great x 3 grand parents. He had not found a birth for Susannah , but thought it might be the Benjamin one. I think it is still worth looking at those in Harborne. Would not have found this contact without you.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Have you thought about the name CADE given to Samuel, maybe this is a nod to surname of an ancestor!

lynnelay

This morning's investigation.
    Samuel Harvey b 1818 was the child of (this is only probable, but the names add up) Samuel Harvey and Elizabeth Nicholls (Aston Birmingham). If this is the case they would have been born c 1792/3 ish. There is a marriage in Aston for an Elizabeth Harvey widow to James Cade, batchelor, in 1825. She was aged 32 and he was 33. They had a child Betsey in 1826, who died in 1838,
    Samuel and Susannah's first child was called Louisa Betsey, born Nov 1838, when his 1/2 sister Betsey died June 1838. I think (no proof yet) that Eliz. Cade, mother might have been known as Betsey.
    I have found a death for Samuel in 1822 buried St Philip's Birmingham. His address is the same as on his son's burial the previous year.
    I cannot find a death for Elizabeth Cade or James Cade... You help would be appreciated Thanks

Samuel and Susannah's first child was called Louisa Betsey, born Nov 1838
    I have a note that a child named Betsey Maria HARVEY was buried 13 April 1838

St. Mary, Birmingham, Warwick, England

Betsy Maria Harvey
    Birth Date: 1838
    Burial Date: 13 Apr 1838
    Father: Samuel Harvey
    Mother: Susanna

Quote Originally Posted by lynnelay View Post
    This morning's investigation.
    Samuel Harvey b 1818 was the child of (this is only probable, but the names add up) Samuel Harvey and Elizabeth Nicholls (Aston Birmingham). If this is the case they would have been born c 1792/3 ish. There is a marriage in Aston for an Elizabeth Harvey widow to James Cade, batchelor, in 1825. She was aged 32 and he was 33. They had a child Betsey in 1826, who died in 1838,
    Samuel and Susannah's first child was called Louisa Betsey, born Nov 1838, when his 1/2 sister Betsey died June 1838. I think (no proof yet) that Eliz. Cade, mother might have been known as Betsey.
    I have found a death for Samuel in 1822 buried St Philip's Birmingham. His address is the same as on his son's burial the previous year.
    I cannot find a death for Elizabeth Cade or James Cade... You help would be appreciated Thanks
    Disappointing the CADE name is on the HARVEY side of the family, I was hoping for Susannah's side

Now to link this family

Samuel Harvey and Elizabeth Nicholls (Aston Birmingham)
    Did you note that the witnesses to this marriage 18 April 1813 were John HARVEY & Elizabeth HARVEY

Death of Samuel 1822 bu 25 Aug 1822 aged 31 years St Philip Birmingham

lynnelay

Thanks for Betsy Maria. I had not found her, she must have been their first. The next one was called Louisa Betsey. Out of 11 children , I think only 2 or 3 died before marrying. Samuel had a sister Elizabeth, but I can't find a John Harvey. (Witness)
    I have found a burial for an Elizabeth Cad...of the right age in 1852 Old Haymarket, Liverpool. It was on England select deaths and burials 1813 to 1936, which is index only, so I can't check the surname
    Thanks for the burial of Samuel senior, I had found it today, but it is always good to have corroboration. I've got yet another marriage for James Cade 1864 aged 67 and his death 1869 in Edgbaston. I will look for Cades in the 1851 census in Liverpool and see if they went with Samuel.
    Thanks for help

lynnelay

Forget that death.I used Free BMD and it is Cadman, not Cade never mind hey

lynnelay

Right, lets hope that I am on the right track this time.
    Elizabeth Cade Died Birmingham June 1/4 1864, from Free BMD.
    James Cade remarries Sep 1/4 1864 to Hannnah Longmore in Edgebaston and dies 1869 in Birmingham also from Free BMD.

I will now try to find them in the censuses and then send for a death cert.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast