Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by jac65 View Post
    Hi

This could be Ellen.

Ellen Brawn birth reg Wolverhampton Reg District March Qtr 1866

Ellen Brown (sic) baptised 1866 Willenham St Anne, father Martin, mother Ellen (image on FMP, I haven't looked at it)

Martin Brawn marriage Sept Qtr 1865 Wolverhampton Reg Dist, possible bride Ellen Williams

Ellen Brawn age 19 death reg Wolverhampton Reg District March Qtr 1866 (giving birth to Ellen?)

1871 census RG10 Piece 2946 Folio 34 page 3 Ellen Brown (sic) age 5 born Willenham granddaughter. Head of household Edward Williams age 55

Certainly a baby raised by the maternal grandparents after her mothers death would not be unusual, nor would giving the name of the person who raised her on her marriage registration.

Andy
    It's promising, Andy, as a Martin Brawn born abt. 1847 died 4th qrt 1867, Wolverhampton, 6b 338

There were two Martin Brawn's in Staffs, the other was Martin Jeffrey Brawn born abt. 1839. Both were puddlers.
    Alma

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thanks very much to ml wilkes for the research you have done, I know that much of what you said is correct. I know that the family lived at Melbourne Street, and my grandfather lived at St John's Square when he was a child. William was a groom when he was young and a cab driver when the family lived in Wolverhampton. Ellen was a widow in 1911, William died in 1907 aged about 49 years of age. Interesting that Ellen may be from Willenhall, that is only a few miles away from Wolverhampton. I will see if I can find out anything more about the seeming Willenhall link.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12