lynnelay

Wink varley & Atkinson married in Kendal 1807

Hi . I am hoping some one will be able to help me find more info on this wedding.
    Joseph Varley married Margaret Atkinson in Kendal on 11 Jan 1807. I got this info from England select marriages on Ancestry. These are my 3 x great grandparent.

They had my great x2 grandfather, Samuel, in Kendal 16 April 1809 and then moved to Liverpool before their next child Joseph was born in 1810 and the father died also in 1810.

I would like some help finding the church in which they were married and Samuel was baptised. Also if possible how I can get a copy of the register entry from the church, in the hope that I can find the parents of Joseph and Margaret.

Any help would be appreciated Thanks
    I have also posted this on Roots chat

Brick wall demolition expert!

All the major sites have this marriage, but none have a copy of the original register. However, that is unlikely to have the information that you are looking for, as at time most registers did not identify parents.

I would recommend contact the Kendal archive office at: https://www.cumbria.gov.uk/archives/O...esiastical.asp

lynnelay

Thanks for that e mail address. It might give an address or even a different parish for Joseph. I think I have found a possible birth for Margaret in Kendal - Parents Margaret and Joseph- date 19 Oct 1783 - which would be about the correct time and this is the only Margaret I can find. There are a lot of births with parents Margaret and Joseph about then but the others in Kendal were Quakers. There were others in villages, but I don't know the geography well enough to know if they are relevant

lynnelay

The phone call/ e mail to Kendal Archive Office has resulted in the purchase of some copy registrations. So I will wait and see