Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Welcome in!

Default Looking for 'Lurkers' ...

https://www.british-genealogy.com

Hello there,
    Born in the UK in 1959. 1970, I emigrated with my Parents and 2 sisters to Melbourne Australia (... World's Most Liveable City).

My Dad has been researching his family tree for 25 years. My Son has just married - and on the cusp of grandchildren, I am looking to expand Dad's work.

I have a slightly different objective as I am writing a book about ‘Spiritual Curse Breaking’ and am therefore focused not just on the physical, but also the Spiritual/Religious heritage in my Ancestry ... The Sins of the Fathers!

Looking forward to meeting many of you and hearing about the exciting things being uncovered.

Regards
    Kim

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Hello to you all

[QUOTE=Lesley Robertson;621662]A big welcome to the many new members who've joined recently. You'll find that our members are helpful and love dealing with mysterious ancestors.
    I have the impression that many of you haven't used online forums very much in the past, so can I draw your attention to the message HERE?
    It provides a few pointers for getting the most out your queries.

Hi, my name is Chris Barrett and I live in Torpoint, Cornwall, UK. I am researching my Dad's Line in one Family Tree and my Mum's Line in another. Obviously my Dad was a Barrett and grew up in Plymouth. My Mum was a Jeanes and grew up in Dorset where all of her ancestors seemed tp live.
    I became interested in Geneology in 2013 and after a friend of mine started volunteering to transcribe for Ancestry.com
    Around 2015, I let it slide as I was spending a lot of time at Derriford Hospital. I recently picked it up again and going at it like crazy.
    I will hold up my hands and admit that, being relatively housebound, I have been 'leeching', using the hints on Ancestry to help and getting information from others while not being able to give some back. Hopefully, I will find out stuff from Plymouth and Truro Register Offices.

Thank you

Loves to help with queries

Just a quick hello to say that I came across this forum via Facebook. Certainly wish I have found this (or something like this) site years ago.

I've been documenting the family genealogy for my adopted mother's side of the the family for well over 20 years now. Most of Mum's ancestors came from Scotland (MURISON) and England (WELLS). Those parts of the world have a wealth of records and I must admit that data has a way of building up over time.

So; my greatest challenge is to cull any redundant information and commit all the rest in digital form. As one might suspect, I have quite a bit that predates the internet.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi all. I live in South Africa but the majority of my ancestors come from the UK. I have been slowly building a family tree for a few years now, but keep coming to dead ends, so I was delighted to be brought to this site by Forces War records, and I thank those responsible for running it. Social history has always been an interest of mine and as I have found new people on my family tree, I feel as though I get to know them and their surroundings and their families.

This is a bit of a late welcome to the British Genealogy Forum, Mamerle - I'm not sure how I missed you when you posted, except that you chose my birthday to join us!
    Hopefully, you've had a wander round and are now thinking about what to ask first, and where to put your query.... We have a lot of friendly experts around.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thanks for the welcome Lesley - very belated birthday wishes too.

Settling in

Hello from Australia

I am helping my mum find information on her family history, she has not had much luck or help from her family. Found this site through a google search.

Have many branches that I want to either confirm things I already have or follow new ones that I have found. Looking forward to interacting with you all at some stage.

Matt

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by MatFow View Post
    Hello from Australia

I am helping my mum find information on her family history, she has not had much luck or help from her family. Found this site through a google search.

Have many branches that I want to either confirm things I already have or follow new ones that I have found. Looking forward to interacting with you all at some stage.

Matt
    Hello MatFow,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

We're here to help, so start with one of your branches, and tell us names, dates, and where, plus the information you already have, and we'll see what we can do. Remember that we do not allow names of potentially living people.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Settling in

Thanks Pam,

Um, just wondering whereabouts I should start posting, maybe I've misread the right spot to start, still rather new to forums.

Thanks

Hi
    If you start off on the Forums page you can scroll down the page looking for the one that you think is the most suitable. Don't get too worried about it though as one of the Mods can move it to another forum if need be.
    To get to the forums page just click on 'Home" in the blue bar at the bottom of the page.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast