Starting to feel at home

Default Birmingham Weekly Post & Glasgow Weekly Mail

Hello

Once again I am returning to this website, this time hoping that there is someone who can advise me as to where I can find copies of the above Newspapers on-line.

I am particularly looking for issues dated between 1850 and 1870. My great-great-grandmother was an authoress of stories and sketches to both these publications. I would love to be able to read something of what she wrote, and find out the name she wrote them under.

Neither are listed on the British Newspaper Archives unfortunately.

Fingers crossed that someone will be able to offer some clues, Di

Your best hope might be to ask the relevant local libraries (who often have film or fiche copies of local papers) or family history societies. For example, you can find info about the Glasgow FHS HERE.

Brick wall demolition expert!

According to Wikipedia the Birmingham Weekly Post still exists, so it might be worth contacting them to see where their archives can be viewed:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birmingham_Post

Famous for offering help & advice

Glasgow Weekly Mail held by National Library of Scotland. Www.nls.uk I am sure they can advise you further.

Starting to feel at home

Default Thank you all!

Thanks so much for all those prompt replies!

I have made contact with each of them, so will now patiently wait to see what ensues.

What a fabulous resource this website is, specially for all of us located on the other side of the world.

Diana