Knowledgeable and helpful

Default Font size on web pages

I seem to have done something to the font size on the FamilySearch and LancashireOPC web pages.

I have a HP laptop running Windows 7.

A few days ago I was using the integrated Mouse and somehow managed to reduce the font size firstly on the Lancashire page and then on the LDS page. I don't know what I touched to minimise the font and I don't know how to get the font back to a readable size.

I've tried going to the browser (Firefox & IE) Options pages to increase font size but nothing changes.

Any suggestions as I don't want to go to Specsavers just yet (so soon after Christmas).

David

Is it only these two sites David?

If it was all sites I would say just hold down CTRL and + together but your dilemma seems a little more complicated than that.
    or try holding down the CTRL key and scrolling with the wheel. This is a shortcut to the Zoom function.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    Is it only these two sites David?

If it was all sites I would say just hold down CTRL and + together but your dilemma seems a little more complicated than that.
    or try holding down the CTRL key and scrolling with the wheel. This is a shortcut to the Zoom function.
    Christina
    Can I come across to NSW and give you a hug?
    CTRL & the Wheel seems to have solved my problem with those two sites.
    Thanks you so much

David

Quote Originally Posted by David Tuson View Post

Can I come across to NSW and give you a hug?
    CTRL & the Wheel seems to have solved my problem with those two sites.
    Thanks you so much

David
    I'll take a rain check on the hug David. I hope to be moving to either Wellington or the Wairarapa this year! - again.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    I'll take a rain check on the hug David. I hope to be moving to either Wellington or the Wairarapa this year! - again.

Christina
    I spent many a happy day/week working in Wellington in 1980s and my wife & I really enjoyed our holidays in the Wairarapa - two great parts of our wonderful country.

David

Default Changing font size

In windows (don't know about other operating systems) you can change the font size in several ways. Hold control and then + or - to make bigger and smaller, or hold control and move the mouse wheel. To reset to normal hold control and press 0 (zero). This should change the font size in many - possibly all -programs, not just a browser - Word, Excel etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Mead View Post
    In windows (don't know about other operating systems) you can change the font size in several ways. Hold control and then + or - to make bigger and smaller, or hold control and move the mouse wheel. To reset to normal hold control and press 0 (zero). This should change the font size in many - possibly all -programs, not just a browser - Word, Excel etc.
    Thanks Andrew, I appreciate your response to my query.