Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Growing old Disgracefully

That's a very interesting read.

Dave C.

There are many 'variant' spellings across freeBMD & LDS (even 'Hanagan' variants)- but last 5 are all found with a wildcard: 'flan*'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandyhall View Post
    I think there could be a Irish connection here as Mary Flanagan says she was born in Ireland on the Census.

I can not find any Birth registrations for any of the 7 children on FreeBMD for Lincolnshire.
    Mary Ann abt 1850 Brig
    Margaret abt 1853 Boston
    Elizabeth abt 1860 "
    Celia abt 1856 "
    Rose abt 1863 "
    James abt 1867 "
    John abt 1870 "

I can not find a marriage for Peter and Margaret either in Lincolnshire or Yorkshire. (Margaret born abt 1825 Hull, Yorkshire.

I have found a census 1901 of a John Flanagan in Hull born abt 1868 Boston Lincolnshire with a wife Ann born abt 1869 Ireland.

There is a grandson Ambrose born abt 1881 with Grandparents Peter and Margaret on Census 1881, with grandmother Margaret on 1891 census. He appears on 1901 Census with aunt Celia Harris (No Husband) in Bow Or Stratford-Le-Bow, London, Middlesex, England.

I also found a death for Ambrose Flanagan Death Date 25 May 1920 Burial 1920 Boston, Boston Borough, Lincolnshire, England, Birth Date 12 Dec 1880.

DeeGemini

Hi Millymog. I am also related to Peter Flanagan. He is my 3x great grandfather and I come down through his daughter Mary Ann and her husband Henry Hartley. I have only just found this post so hope you're still about as it would be good to catch up with you on how far you have got with this branch.
    Dee

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi dee I have now managed to open your post , I sent you a pm with my email, I'm excited to hear from you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12