Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Pam
    Thanks

Finding Nellies Phillips parents was also not that easy even with her parents names as in their marriage cert.

Harold's death I believe was in 1934, the dates do add up, plus their is a record of a Nellie Clarke marrying Q4 1934 in Newport

I only know of one daughter Susan (I believe her name shows up on Isabella's death cert) for Gerald & Isabella.

To the best of my knowledge Gerald was born 1885 & died 1940, but I do not have any other reliable data.

John

janbooth

John,

An Ethel H CLARK married a Harold FERGUSON in the September qtr 1917 at Pembroke reg district - perhaps your Ethel Hilda??

Janet

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by John NZ View Post
    Pam
    Thanks

Finding Nellies Phillips parents was also not that easy even with her parents names as in their marriage cert.

Harold's death I believe was in 1934, the dates do add up, plus their is a record of a Nellie Clarke marrying Q4 1934 in Newport

I only know of one daughter Susan (I believe her name shows up on Isabella's death cert) for Gerald & Isabella.

To the best of my knowledge Gerald was born 1885 & died 1940, but I do not have any other reliable data.

John
    The death registration for Gerald in 1940 in Barnstaple registration district would fit an Isabella M Graham born 1901 and a Gerald Graham born 1886 living in Barnstaple R.D. in the 1939 Register. (Available on FMP, you can buy a set of credits which are enough for one household.) It says that as well as Isabella and Gerald there are three other people you can see plus five more who are officially closed. Sounds as if there might be some adults with their children who are lodgers in the same house; might be Isabella and Gerald who are the lodgers. I'd certainly invest a few dollars. It all depends on where the 'closed' entries are as to who else might belong to whom. Once you've accessed (unlocked) a record you can check it again in the future (make sure you re-search using the same name as you did to unlock it) because FMP do 'un-close' records as they check death records.

Might also be worth getting a copy of Isabella's will. https://
    probatesearch.service.gov.uk/Calendar?surname=graham&yearOfDeath=1974&page=4#ca lendar
    Fill in the details at the side of the page and order online. A tenner in English money, unless it's gone up since I last ordered.

Pam (who can spend other people's money faster than they can! )
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Pam
    Thanks I will give that a try
    Gerald & Isabella were at 15 Dacres Rd at the time of the 1932 electoral roll was taken, a Winifred Eva Slater was at the same address

Gerald & Isabella were at the same address for the 1936 electoral roll along with a Alison Cooper & Margaret O'Flaherty

John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12