Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Information on my late Father Jan Protas

Hello

I know my very little about my father, have very sketchy information and would really like to find out more about him.
    My dad Jan Protas was born on 7 July 1921. I believe in either Lithuania or Poland. I have been told that he fled and ended up joining the allies at some point for receiving medical assistance. I have photos of him in Taranta during WWII. He came to the UK, I think in the early 60's and lived in the West Country until he died.

I would be very greatful if someone can point me in right direction, as none of the basic searches are coming up with anything to work on.

Many thanks

Famous for offering help & advice

Who did he marry,when and where?

He married Joan porter in Bridtol 1964

Famous for offering help & advice

Can see this marraige

JAN PROTAS.
    JOAN B ANDREWS
    7B 436
    Bristol

Purchasing the marraige cert if it is your people could shed a little light on his fathers name.
    Certs cost £9:25 from GRO THEY CAN BE ORDERED ONLINE.

Cannot see a marraige to Porter.

Many thanks, will do that. Then hopefully I can trace back further.

Reputation beyond repute

Always start with your own birth certificate. If the record that Pamela found for you fits in with the information on your birth certificate, go ahead and order the marriage certificate. If you feel you need to ask our advice, just shout.

I have moved this thread from WW2 to the General English Family History forum as it's developing into a story over more time and different places in England.
    I have also added the father's name to the title to make it stand out a bit more.

Hey thanks for all you advice and tips. I really hope I can discover some of my fathers movements during his life from the war onwards. It's something I have been thinking about for a long time. Is it worth sending you the photos I have of him in uniform at this stage?

Kind regards

Reputation beyond repute

Is this relevant?

London Gazette 15 September (August?) 1952
    Issue: 39624 Page: 4357

Naturalisations

Protas, Jan; Poland; Gardener's Labourer; The Lodge, Moulescoomb Place, Lewes Road, Brighton; 24 June 1952.

Reputation beyond repute

Is this relevant?
    From what little you've told us, I suspect that this is a different Jan Protas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast