Colin Rowledge

Default Starting a new thread

Just back after a long hiatus. Is there a time limit between starting a thread and posting it?

Started one earlier this evening and left it for half an hour and when I posted I was told I was not logged in. Logged in and wound up with a blank screen and my thread had gone AWOL.

Hello Colin
    I will have to consult someone more knowledgeable than me on this one but as someone who has lost long threads before because I have pressed the wrong button or accidentally deleted it now if I know I am going to be posting a long thread I find it best to sort it out in a document off line then copy and paste in to the reply box. I think you will find that is what is recommended for most forums.
    It's a real pain when it happens isn't it? I do not say "Oh dear I do wish that hadn't happened!"

Have a cuppa, or something stronger, and then do tackle it again so we can help.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Colin Rowledge

OK will do either later tonight or tomorrow.

Wow that was a quick reply!

Good luck with it.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Knowledgeable and helpful

Just a suggestion, if you write your message using a word processor rather than direct to the forum then copy & paste you can take as long as you want between composing the message and posting it.
    No need worry about thread time-outs etc.

Cheers
    Guy
    As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

I have just experienced the same on the KITCHIN thread typed the info only to be told I am not logged in...fortunately I had copy 'c' before trying to post

Jx