Famous for offering help & advice

Default Been trying to download adobe flash player...

I get to this page:

To proceed, open your download folder and locate the Adobe Flash Player installer file, for example “install_flashplayer[xxx].exe.”
    Double-click on the installer to complete the installation. For additional help, click here

But there is nothing in my downloads folder. If I search 'Flash Player' It produces 'Flash Player Settings Manager', but I'm at a loss. Only had this problem since my laptop upgraded to windows 8.1 and am using Chrome.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mitch

Reputation beyond repute

In Firefox you can get to a downloaded file just by clicking the Download icon. This also allows you to view the full download history. Presumably other browsers have something similar.

David Benson

Check in the Chrome downloads folder. In Chrome, Click on the small bars at the top of the screen, click on 'downloads' to see if it's there. It may be that Chrome is not set up to put the downloads in your Windows 'my downloads' folder. It maybe you haven't actually downloaded the flash installer file.

Thanks David, I can now see that in the downloads folder. Sadly despite trying 10 different ways 10 different times. Restarting my laptop etc I keep going back to 'Download Flash Player now' on web pages. According to adobe its all working as it says: 'Thank you and enjoy adobe Flash Player'.
    My downloads file contains:
    https://admdownload.adobe.com/bin/li...ha_install.exe
    Remove from list

This is the only thing that occurs in the downloads list and obviously isn't working!

Knowledgeable and helpful

I have the same problem. The only way round the problem for me is to disable my Avast security firewall for 10 minutes; download the file, and then install from the Downloads folder. I double check that my firewall has been reset before proceeding with anything on my computer.

Reputation beyond repute

Hasn't Chrome got a built-in Flash player? perhaps it's been inadvertently disabled.

Is this relevant?...
    https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player...le-chrome.html

Thank you Peter. Fixed in seconds. I don't think I disabled it as I haven't had it since I had windows8.1 installed so must have come set like that for some reason.