Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    yorkshiregal

Since they changed things, I can't even get it to work with chrome. I have to use explorer instead.

A fountain of knowledge

Haven't had e-mail but just logged onto Ancestry UK and got pop-up saying "New Ancestry" will be only one available fron Dec 15th.

On that day I will cancel my subscription both by the auto cancel routine and by sending them an e-mail. The auto routine includes subroutine allowing one to state reason for cancellation, which INCLUDES leaving because of NEW ANCESTRY.

I suggest anyone who dislikes changes does the same.

If enough people all cancel at the same time the new changes are imposed they may get the message that said changes are unpopular and may eventually revert Unlikely I know but if we don't object they will claim changes are popular.

Allan F Sparrow

Each of us must decide his/her own course on this matter, but leaving will not make any difference: for every subscriber who leaves, another will join, that's how things are. And they will claim what they like in any case, and will seem justified, because most subscribers will not leave, as long as they need the service.

I have frequently found that one subscription site is not enough: their collections overlap, but there is always something one has and the other doesn't – not to mention that the efficiency of their search engines varies, for sometimes they cannot find what they have actually got! Several times recently a tree has pointed me to a source which the search engine did not find...

As I have said before, I do not like what they have done to the profiles, and the trees to a certain extent, but those are not the main part of my interests.

"Chacun a son gout."

A fountain of knowledge

I cancelled my subscription and deleted my trees when I logged on yesterday and found "New Improved"[LOL] Ancestry imposed day early. e-mail said 'after 14th'. Proposed abandonment of FTM only reinforced my decision. Ancestry have lost the plot.

Famous for offering help & advice

Actually.... at the moment I don't mind the new tree page layout. Yes take a little getting used to but I can see some advantages. I must say they do need to sort out the 'hints' page though as nothing shows up for the 466 hints I have(though I'm on the family computer so using IE and not Chrome that I have on my laptop).

Loves to help with queries Nightryder's Avatar

Ive just checked my tree & for my father his life story does say when he was born his father was 30 years old & his mother was 5 years old.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

That can't be healthy.!
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Loves to help with queries

My husband's grandmother died in Marple Dale Hospital. This appears as that on the facts page but her lifestory (sic) says she died in Alabama. Can see I have a lot of checking coming up. cicilysmith

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by cicilysmith View Post
    My husband's grandmother died in Marple Dale Hospital. This appears as that on the facts page but her lifestory (sic) says she died in Alabama. Can see I have a lot of checking coming up. cicilysmith
    Geography has never been a strong point on Ancestry.
    I still remember the time (think it was the 1891 census release) when they said everyone born in Somerset had been born in Somalia, because some idiot didn't know the difference between English county codes and world-wide country codes. Took them ages to correct it too.

And as for their attempt at listing the county as well as the registration district on their BMD records - pfft! They'd list say, Boston, as being in Oxfordshire, Northamptonshire, and Derbyshire, as well as in Lincolnshire. (Their present listings do appear to have the correct counties.)

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Knowledgeable and helpful warncoort's Avatar

Emailed Ancestry about the header "Collaborate" gone missing,yes it has been removed but nothing to indicate where message boards are located.Just now clicked on help and in the drop down,message boards!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast