Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    A fountain of knowledge

Angry TOOL/STATUS BARS DISAPPEAR

I accidently hit some keys on the left side of keyboard and all my status and toolbars have disappeared. I have managed to get two back by pressing shift+TAB. turning off computer doesn't solve problem. HELP.

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium with IE11 browser on Advent DA2207-24 computer.

A fountain of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by macwil View Post
    I have managed to get two back by pressing shift+TAB.
    toolbars gone altogether, above doesn't work just scrolls to bottom of page.

Wilkes_ml

Try F11 (top row of keys on keyboard) , that usually works for me!

A fountain of knowledge

It worked! Many thanks.

Wilkes_ml

Great! I was always losing my toolbars and going into full screen mode until I realised I was accidentally pressing the F11 key instead of the back arrow key! Then I found you just have to press the F11 key again to bring the window out of full screen mode...very simple once you know how.

A fountain of knowledge

Too true. I didn't think I'd been anywhere near F11, the keyboard slipped, I stopped it sliding and thought I'd only caught left hand side. Maybe not. Anyway if it happens again I now know the cure. Once again, Thanks.

Reputation beyond repute

Next time something like that happens use this search term in your favourite search engine:

Internet Explorer Keyboard Shortcuts

For the operating system in general try:

Windows Keyboard Shortcuts

Ken_R

F11 is great for doing Screen Dumps. Hit F11 to go Full Screen, press Print Screen (which puts it into the clipboard), open a document file such as Word > Ctrl+V then pastes the saved 'Screen'.

Then use a prog to convert it to a .PDF file. There are many free versions to choose from. Once Saved, it can then be uploaded to an on-line tree which, if Public, anyone can then download and view.

I tend to use it for LDS pages or locations where there is no direct URL link, or where the link may later be broken.

Wow, the things you learn when not even wondering about them. Just tried your tip Ken_R and it worked brilliantly. I have always been aware that there are so many things I could do on my computers but have just tended to work around things as I go.
    Now I am going to take the time to actually create a folder and copy all the tips and hints in to it.(the memory is not reliable)

Michelle and Peter your tips go in there too - thank you

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

A fountain of knowledge

Peter, Ken_R Thanks. Like Christanel I've just found ways to do things, almost certainly not the easiest way and like her I'll be creating a folder, or two or three for screen dumps. Always knew there was an easier way to copy screen but never used it that much so never really bothered. Hope I've got enough disc space.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast