Deb123

Question Uploading Transcribed files.

Hi folks, quick qu.

With WinREG/3 v3.02.18 now updated.. and the website now version 2.0 i am now having to log in to the website from my browser go through the batches section and manually search for, find the file i want to upload file?

Pre updated system.. i could go through the drop down on the WinREG and use the "FreeREG Server Gateway" Button to bring up the file list.. highlight the file to upload click on Login then upload and all was done.

Is this system.. or a version of this system going to be reinstated? As i am now having to use two programs WinReg and Browser to do what one did alone?

The other possibility is that i am missing something. Grin.

Deb x

(WillowOak)

Mike Fry

Quote Originally Posted by Deb123 View Post
    Hi folks, quick qu.

Is this system.. or a version of this system going to be reinstated? As i am now having to use two programs WinReg and Browser to do what one did alone?

The other possibility is that i am missing something. Grin.
    Obviously, you are not subscribed to the any of the FreeREG mailing groups (ask Eric Dickens [email protected] or your County Co-ordinator for details), otherwise you would have been kept informed as to what is going on.

If you did, you would have been aware that this is largely by design. Things are changing in the FreeUKGen world (FreeBMD, FreeREG and FreeCEN)and one of these changes is the actual site to which files are uploaded. The 'old' site is becoming redundant and the program is incapable of uploading to the 'new' site. So far! I am working on restoring the capability, but there are lots of other changes in the pipeline that need consideration as well.