Hi
again thank you for this information on the Levine family, you ask me about Lily my grandmother
The only thing she ever told the family was that, when her parents died she went to live with an uncle and aunt, then the aunt and uncle split up so the aunt took Lily with her and the rest of her children as she didn't think she should leave Lily with the uncle.
Lily also said the family had a coal business and that she had lived in Sheffield.
On the 1901 census I found this
Lily Kelley
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1890
Relation: Visitor
Where born: Manchester, Lancashire, England
Civil Parish: Sheffield
County/Island: Yorkshire
Street address:
26 Hicks Lane
Household Members: Name Age

Maria Wood 70 Head mother of Mary Kelly and Ellen Doyle.
James Doyle 38 son in law Coal Dealer ( Dealer and seller of coal - mainly to domestic customers. )
Ellen Doyle 34 daughter
Annie Doyle 11 granddaughter
James Doyle 6 grandson
Edwd Doyle 6 grandson
Ellen Doyle 3 grandaughter
Mary Kelly 47 daughter
Maria Kelly 25 grandaughter
Sarah E Kelly 11 grandaughter
Frances Kelly 8 grandson ( could be uncle Frank )
Patrick Caffery 20 Nephew
Lily Kelley 11 our Lily ??

the birth certificate I have for Lily says she was born 23 Jan1889 Manchester Parents Benjamin and Mary (we thought it was 8 Jan and born in Sheffield )
I found her on the 1911 census living in one room at 21 Dagger's Lane Hull, Yorkshire, with her first child Annie Kathleen born in Sheffield 1909. ( my aunt )
Lily was known then as Lily Higo as she was living with but NOT married to Daniel Higo ,
Lily second child Daniel John was born in Manchester in 1912, from his birth certificate we know Lily was still known as Lily Higo, I can not find a marriage .
in 1919 Lily Kelly married Frederick Nixon in Liverpool ( we never new of this until after she died ) her age is 37 that would have her born in 1882 Mr Nixon was 60 Father of bride Benjamin Kelly shipwright
in 1927 Lily Nixon married my granddad Charles Adam Yeo ( another one for secrets ) again Liverpool bride father Benjamin Kelly foundry lab she had my mum in 1924.
I hope this makes sense
Kind regards Sue