Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unhappy John and Ann Kelly missing between 1841-71

Hi hope you may be able to help.
    1841 census I have found John Kelly born abt 1821 Lancashire my Great grandfather living in Queen Street, Deansgate, Manchester with wife Ann kelly nee McDermott born abt 1821 ? son Benjamin born 1840 Lancashire. ( the only birth I found for Benjamin was for a Andrew Benjamin Andrew could be after Ann father )

That is it until I find Benjamin on On the census of 1871 living in Byrom street, Lower Manchester, a lodger in the home of Samuel Harrison, a Police Officer, Benjamin now 28 is also a Police Officer.
    I have found Benjamin and his family up until his death in 1893.

its his parents I would really like to find

on John and Ann wedding certificate it has John father name James Kelly a warper Ann father was Andrew McDermott a wheelwright. they married in Manchester October 6th 1839
    If any one can help or idea's I would really appreciate it as I have been looking for a long time
    kind regards Sue

Famous for offering help & advice

Did Benjamin marry Eliza Watts Dempsey in August 1871?

Hi

Andrew Benjamin Kelly born 1840, Sub District, London Road, Mothers maiden name
    MACK

Peanut

Looking at the page from the 1841 census, did you notice that John & Ann both replied "no" in the column headed "whether born in same county"? For Ben, it says "yes". Why do you say that John was born Lancs?

Have you looked at Ireland?

The Manchester and Lancashire FHS Catholic Register Index has a baptism of a Benjamin Kelly at Manchester St Chad's in 1841. John Kelly and Ann McDermott are noted as mother and father. (Search under their names.)
    The FHS have a dvd of the register for sale. Film also held at Manchester archives and Local studies. I don't know whether it will contain any further information though.

Hi all and thank you for your help
    Benjamin married Mary Laevine, in 1886 Liverpool
    on the 1841 census on ancestry it said John born in Lancashire
    Thank you for the baptism information for Benjamin
    kind regards sue

The marraige I found was an Alfred Benjamin Kelly who was a police officer living at 3 Byrom St,Manchester. One of the witnesses was ? Harrison. Coincidence same surname,occupation and address. The wedding was August 1871 so after the census that year.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

The Manchester and Lancashire FHS Catholic Register Index has a baptism of a Benjamin Kelly at Manchester St Chad's in 1841. John Kelly and Ann McDermott are noted as mother and father.

Manchester Police Index 1812-1941
    Benjamin Kelly
    Birth year 1840 Birth town Manchester
    Joined 5th May 1870
    Comment 1st Foot.
    Marital status Single
    Religion C of E

The baptism is for a Catholic whereas Benjamin Kelly Police officer appears to be CoE

Hi thank you for this help I really do appreciate it . Well it look's like I have the wrong Benjamin in 1871 I have him on the 1881 census in Kirkdale, Liverpool with his wife Mary ( not married yet ) and 1 year old daughter Ada at 10 Percy street, occupation Police officer Lanc & York Ry ( could that be Railway Police )
    1891 I have the family back in Manchester at 14 Back Clayton street but now he is a general labour, Ada is not with them she is in Liverpool with grandparents .
    I will start the search again and add 1871
    Thank you again for your help kind regards Sue

Hi

On the marriage certificate for John and Mary dose it say if their fathers are deceased, also are there any names of the witnesses it may help find out who they are

Peanut

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast