Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ronnie24

Default Samiville Hovsep (Joseph) - India

Does anyone have any information about Ezekiel and Samiville Joseph - Armenians from Tiblisi who settled in India circa 1881 / 1891? Samiville married Annie Ursula Collett in 1881, in Benares. Widowed, he then married Eleanor Catherine Coleman in 1891. Samiville settled in Calcutta and had eight children.

Does anyone know or remember Thelma Joseph born circa 1896, Calcutta? Married a John Dent and moved to Cananda?

Does anyone know Barbara Yvonne Joseph - schooled at St. Mary's Convent Ninital, circa 1930 - 1944?

Name well known on Brit-Gen

I presume form the above that you have the full details of the marriages of Samiville Arthur JOSEPH b 1859 in 1881 & 1891

ON marriage in 1881 Samiville staes he is a guard for EIR ( East India Railways?)

DEATH
    Dec 14th 1887 at Calcutta Annie Ursula Hackney wife of SA Joseph of the Calcutta Tra�.. Co Ltd

and children Bertram Samiville b 1892

Nov 17th 1905 at St Judes' Church Calcutta by the Rev JW Wickins Captain John Black Gracie of the Asiatic Steam Navigation Co Ld to Annie Ursula Hackney third daughter of Sam A Jospeh of the Calcutta Corporation Gowabann

Barbara Yvonne JOSEPH bp 1926 Calcutta

and his father Ezekeiel

Have you googled Samiville JOSEPH ? There is information on My heritage / cousins connect

This also came up on the search https://valmayukuk.tripod.com/OIOC/Bapt.htm

janbooth

Family Search has a marriage at Benares, Bengal, India on 7 August 1907 for an Ezekiel JOSEPH, aged 56, father Ezekiel JOSEPH & Ellen DUFF, aged 35, father Alexander DUFF, both being shown as single.

Marriage at Calcutta on 4 April 1865 between a Hannah JOSEPH, aged 20, father Ezekiel JOSEPH & William James REED, father William REED.

Also a burial record at Benares on 12 November 1915 (died 11 November 1915) of a Khatoon JOSEPH wife of Ezekiel JOSEPH.

Janet

Ronnie24

Hello, Thank you for taking the time - however, I already know all this as I have been researching for a good few years. I was really looking for any people out there that may be related - second and third cousins.

Regards,
    Ronnie 24

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Sometimes some of us need to look at the family to get a feel for the family

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie24 View Post
    Hello, Thank you for taking the time - however, I already know all this as I have been researching for a good few years. I was really looking for any people out there that may be related - second and third cousins.

Regards,
    Ronnie 24

Hi Ronnie24,

I am related to Annie Ursula Collett, so if you are descended from that marriage we could be distant cousins.

Regards
    Valmay

Ronnie24

Default Samiville Arthur Joseph (Hosvep) India

Quote Originally Posted by Valmay View Post
    Hi Ronnie24,

I am related to Annie Ursula Collett, so if you are descended from that marriage we could be distant cousins.

Regards
    Valmay
    Hello Valmay,
    I am the great grand-daughter of Samiville Arthur Joseph from his second marriage to Catharine Coleman in 1891. My grandfather was Bertram and my mother (still living) came to England in 1946. Are you the granddaughter/great-granddaughter of Samiville the Policeman - from the first marriage to Annie Ursula? Where do you live?

Do you have any pictures of your side of the family?

Ronnie 24

Not sure if this is still Active but I believe Samiville and Annie had a son called Earnest. That was my great grandad and Sami my great great grandad

Ronnie24

Question Samiville Hovsep (Joseph) - India

Quote Originally Posted by Divadonovan View Post
    Not sure if this is still Active but I believe Samiville and Annie had a son called Earnest. That was my great grandad and Sami my great great grandad
    Hello,
    I am the g-grand-daughter of Samiville Arthur & Catherine (m. 1891).
    According to my research (done physically at the Euston British Library) - Sami & Annie had three children - Edith Annie / Charles Herbert / Annie Ursula. No mention of an Earnest? Are the above your ancestors?
    Ronnie 24:

Ronnie24

Hello Divadonovan
    I have just re-checked my notes and I see from a hand-written list (in Samiville's own hand from his bible) that Ernest Arthur -born 25th February - year torn off. Do you have an e-mail address?
    Ronnie24

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast