Smile Sweny/Blunden/Dunwoody

Hi - anyone out there that is researching into any of the above families please contact me, I am particularly stuck on Osborne Blunden AKA Medhope Osborne Blunden and his marriage to Mary Lodge pre 1864. following Mary's death he went on to marry Agnes Young. It's his first marriage I am interested in. I don't know where it was but they had 2 sons who went to America - there may have been a third who stayed in Dublin. There is lots of info. re his second family some of whom went to Canada and settled. I would welcome any help I can get re this gentleman. Many thanks, Vivian

Loves to help with queries

Hi Vivian. M. O. Blunden had his crops damaged by 3 sheep wandering into his field from a neighbouring field. Petty Sessions at Coolne?, Waterford 09 June 1858. On various dates in August and September the same year, a pig caused similar damage.
    Source: Irish Petty Sessions Court Registers 1828-1912 at findmypast.co.uk.
    Also 13 Feb 1855 M Osborne Blunden steward of Brown St, Portlan had a complaint laid against him that he had given the men under him time off thereby defrauding his master. Same source.
    I have copies of the records if you would like to PM your email address. Not sure how to add docs to a post!

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Ireland Diocesan and Prerogative Marriage Licence Bonds indexes 1623-1866 Transcription

Cashel & Emly?

1838 to Mary LODGE

You should be able to acquire a copy of the Marriage Licence

I COULD KISS YOU! You have no idea how helpful your reply will be to me, finally I may be able to find the birth cert. for my great grandfather. I know he had 2 brothers who went off to the states around the time he remarried but could not find out where his life began. I am off to have a look now - there is a relative in South Africa who will be interested to.
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
    All best wishes
    Vivian

Hi Eileen, thanks for your help with this. I would love to let you have my email address but don't know how to do this where the whole wide world can't see it too. Can you tell me please?
    Regards
    Vivian

Loves to help with queries

Hi Vivian Delighted to be of help. Click on the user name at the side of this post and it will take you to the page. The users on this site have given me enormous help in knocking down my walls over the years so it's nice to have a chance to reciprocate.
    I will try and remember where I saved those documents whilst I wait for your address!
    Eileen