Default Hewitt Family ....

..... looking for descendants and/or relations of John / Mary Emily Hewitt family from Northern Etchells / Wilmslow / Stockport. Lived there 1911..Market gardeners. Address believed to be Ringway Road.

Topper

Hi
    This is the link to your other thread re John Hewitt and the descendants of he and his first wife.
    Mary Emily is his second wife
    Copied from the other thread Megan's 1911 information posting
    John Hewitt Head Married Male Market Gardener 50 1861 Northen Etchells Ches
    Mary Emily Hewitt Wife Married Female - 38 1873 Stockport Etchells Ches
    William James Hewitt Son Single Male Gardener Domestic 23 1888 Stockport Etchells Ches
    John James Hewitt Son Single Male At School 6 1905 Stockport Etchells

The original return shows that John and Mary had only been married 6 years and that they only had 1 child: John James.
    So now you are wanting to see if there are any other children to John and Mary Emily as well as John James and find any descendants

Marriage John Hewitt and Mary Emily Pearson reg district Stockport June 1/4 1905 vol 8a page 111

Christina?
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Thanks for the response ...... it's the current relatives of the Hewitt family I'm trying to trace, mainly those of William James Hewitt..... he married my aunt, Lilian Wood in 1914, and it is she I cannot trace after her husband, W J Hewitt, was killed in N. France in 1918.

Thanks ... Topper

Name well known on Brit-Gen

John James is half brother to William James b 1889

Full siblings are

Edith b 1886

Ernest b 1891

Thanks again .... I did have that info from the 1911 Census, but you have confirmed the relationship ... thanks for your efforts..........

...........it's not so much the info on W J Hewitt that I'm chasing, although current contact with his relations would be excellent, in fact I visited his resting place in Le Cateau Military Cemetery, near Cambrai in N. France 3 weeks ago, but the real search is to find out what happened to his wife ( Lilian nee Wood b. 1886 ) in later years, and there I've come to a virtual stop.

Thanks Topper