Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Greatstone

Thanks,

A fountain of knowledge

Most inner London (i.e. former LCC) Local Studies Libraries have shelves of the big fat Kelly's London-wide directories. If anyone lives or works near one, perhaps they can look in, but if not, I can find an excuse to make a trip up to town.

Greatstone

Thanks Chris. We emigrated to Canada in 1957 and I've been working on our UK family history. I was born in London. I was told my Grandfather was a licensed victualler (which was also on his Death Certificate)so took a chance on the Little Wonder Pub as it was at 323 Ilderton Road and my Grandparents lived for awhile at 322 Ilderton. No matter, but if you do go into London, their names were George and Gertrude Carter. He was born in 1889 and I think they had a pub in the 30's or 40's. My Dad was also George and he was born in 1926 in Deptford and his Dad, my GD is listed on the Birth Certificate as a Clerk in Arsenal so I guess it was much later when they had a public house. In the fifties, when I was a child we visited their sweet shop which if memory serves me right was in Greenwich. Anyhow GD died in 1957 and Dad emigrated shortly after. Cheers, Steve Carter

Banned

Greatstone, I work at the London Metropolitan Archives (LMA) which Peter referenced. I confirm we do hold such registers and I'd be happy to help (for free of course). If you'd like to take advantage of this offer, please private message me.

Greatstone

Not sure how to send private message via this forum so yes, any help is very much appreciated. Steve

Banned

At the top there's the blue bar and along the blue bar says 'Notifications', click it and a drop-down bar will appear saying 'Inbox'. Click the 'Inbox' and you should be able to make your way from there

Quote Originally Posted by Greatstone View Post
    Not sure how to send private message via this forum so yes, any help is very much appreciated. Steve
    Hi Greatstone
    to send a private message to another member click on their user name and from the drop down menu that appears choose private message. You will then be taken to a page with a blank box for you to type in your message to send to that person. You do have to enter a title for your message or it won't be sent.
    smj's instructions will allow you to access any private messages sent to you and allow you to look at the messages you have previously sent to others. There is a limit to how many messages can be stored.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12