Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Jersey marriage look up, if anyone can help

Hi, I am hoping there is someone that could do a marriage index look up in Jersey for me, it is for a Julia Fielding and George Jenkins in 1879. If I could find out the index ref numbers (if there is a marriage) I could then order the certificate. Any help would be gratefully received.

Hi
    According to https://www.jerseyfamilyhistory.org/about/faq site you don't need the index numbers -they say
    "If you can supply the exact names, date and place of the event (or the index reference numbers) the fee for supplying an extract from the records is £20 per certificate. Please include postage and handling fee"

Also read what they say about the cost for doing a search.

Hope this helps

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Christine, thanks for that but don't know the exact date or if they got married at all, only know that Julia (Fielding) Jenkins says that she is a widow in 1911 but she had been married for 32 years this gives an approximate year of 1879, George was in the army (but cant find any service records) and based in Jersey in 1879 and I know that they had a son born on the ship Lady Olive in 1880 on route to Ireland. I am trying to confirm whether this George is the same one that married my Great Grandmother in Ireland in 1891, as he is very much a mystery man. Sharon