Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

thank you all for all this information. its really appreciated . my great uncle stephen ensor went to america in 1923 and on the shipping papers it said that his abode was 571 moseley road. in actual fact he went twice once in 1905 . ive been trying to find him or a long time and i put in the address in 1911 to discover that a florence collins lived there and it was a ywca connection. this caused great excitement because i believed that florence was a relative of stephen through marriage . it was not until i revisited the papers that i realized the address given was in 1923 rather than 1905. the connection would have been as follows stephen ensor 1869 brother walter benjamin 1864 had a son benjamin ainsworth who married a celia phillips who grandmother was mary wall nee collins. there is another twist as there is a name change from ainsworth ensor regulary through this period.
    thanks again

hi a update i found some more shipping papers for stephen listing a minnie dryhurst stephen sister was his next of kin. this has provided info on stephen sister as she disappeared after her mom and dad died. i looked up minnie dryhurst today and yes i found her and hugh on midland electrol roll . hooray i hear you cry !!!! but i found two!!!!! there is a minnie and james along with a susannah spilsbury and william ensor ( perhaps stephen and a relative of stephen/ minnie mom) they are in handsworth in 1924. but in 1927 there are duplicates minnie dryhurst and minnie louise alberta dryhurst so confused again

Banned

Ooooh Birmingham, where I am born and bred!

I think the duplication is just to add detail - same name but with two additional middle names!

1927 Selly Oak Ward
    Hugh James Dryhurst and Minnie Louise Dryhurst

1927 1 Willmore Road Handsworth
    James Dryhurst and Minnie Dryhurst

Marriage Sept 1/4 1913 Hugh J Dryhurst to Minnie Ensor Registration district W. Bromwich

Marriage Dec 1/4 March 1927 Hugh J Dryhurst to Minnie L A Staples registration district Birmingham N.

So there could well be two couples. Looking at FreeBMD for births and marriages may sort it out. there is a Hugh Drysdale (no J)born 1889
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

thank you for this information. i obtained certificate yesturday minnie ensor married hugh 1913 and moved to london. all i need to find now is eliza and mary . the funny thing is on the select marriages the other people on the page were a mary bullivant. i heard the name before so went back and a eliza ensor married a samuel bullivant in 1890 but the dad is listed as jesse . scratching my head with this

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12