Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

The main stumbling block in finding Mary Jane/Ann's ancestry is: why she is known as Graham. I've not found anything definite connecting a Mary Fenwick to a Mr Graham. There's the possible marriage Megan mentioned #18, but we don't know if this is the correct pairing from the names indexed, which are........................

Ashley Sarah Newcastle T. 10b 85
    Fenwick Mary Newcastle T. 10b 85
    Graham Robert Newcastle T. 10b 85
    Rutter Robert Newcastle T 10b 85
    Wood Hannah Newcastle T 10b 85

An odd number, one male name is missing.

by almach
    An odd number, one male name is missing.
    I went down that line of investigation yesterday also but couldn't see which groom is missing. I couldn't see any vol/page entries with missing numerals for that 1/4.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    I went down that line of investigation yesterday also but couldn't see which groom is missing. I couldn't see any vol/page entries with missing numerals for that 1/4.

Christina
    Hi christina,

Sarah Ashley is a red herring, she married in Newcastle under Lyne not Newcastle on Tyne. Her vol/page should be 6b 85.

I did think I'd found a likely candidate for Mary, she was a ship owners dau born Tynemouth, living Stoke Newington, but alas the search led on a wrong trail as she married Matthew Warton and was still with him in 1891, aargh!

There is this Mary Fenwick, and Surtees in the household, but I'm now wondering if Fenwick is not her birth name! Anyway here goes..............

1851, Ryton Woodside, Gateshead.
    George Fenwick 52 1799 Head Durham Builder
    Mary Fenwick 46 1805 Wife Bywell, Northumberland
    Hannah Fenwick 27 1824 Daughter Ryton, Durham
    John Fenwick 24 1827 Son Ryton, Durham Builder
    George Fenwick 17 1834 Son Ryton, Durham Builder
    William Surtees 21 1830 Nephew Chester Le Street, Durham Cord Wainer
    Margaret Surtees 17 1834 Niece Chester Le Street, Durham
    Joseph Surtees 13 1838 Nephew Wylane, Northumberland Scholar
    Mary Fenwick 4 1847 Grand Daughter Ryton, Durham
    John Fenwick 3 1848 Grand Son Ryton, Durham

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hello all. I was doing a bit of research and found this thread.

I was wondering if this Mary Ann Fenwick is the same person in my family tree. According to records I have from relatives, she would have been born in 1845 to Joseph William Fenwick I, (born in 1821) and Margaret Newton, (born in 1823.) Her siblings would have been Joseph William Fenwick II, (born in 1843) Esther Frances Fenwick, (born in 1851) and Jonathan Fenwick, born in 1846.

This Jonathan Fenwick emigrated to the USA and his last name was changed to Fennick. That is why my name is spelled that way.

Hi again Russell
    I think it may be best if we concetrate on your Mary Ann as a seperate entity for now and if/when we find a link we can refer back to this thread. Meanwhile those wishing to help will you please take a look at this thread and post your replies there
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...-me?highlight=
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by rfennick View Post
    Hello all. I was doing a bit of research and found this thread.

I was wondering if this Mary Ann Fenwick is the same person in my family tree. According to records I have from relatives, she would have been born in 1845 to Joseph William Fenwick I, (born in 1821) and Margaret Newton, (born in 1823.) Her siblings would have been Joseph William Fenwick II, (born in 1843) Esther Frances Fenwick, (born in 1851) and Jonathan Fenwick, born in 1846.

This Jonathan Fenwick emigrated to the USA and his last name was changed to Fennick. That is why my name is spelled that way.
    Unlikely, as the Mary Ann referred to in the first post in the thread died in London in 1918.
    If you've found your Mary Ann/Jane in the US censuses 1851 onwards, then it's a definite 'no'.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    Hi again Russell
    I think it may be best if we concetrate on your Mary Ann as a seperate entity for now and if/when we find a link we can refer back to this thread. Meanwhile those wishing to help will you please take a look at this thread and post your replies there
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...-me?highlight=
    Christina
    Agreed. In my exuberance I typed out of turn. LOL

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Unlikely, as the Mary Ann referred to in the first post in the thread died in London in 1918.
    If you've found your Mary Ann/Jane in the US censuses 1851 onwards, then it's a definite 'no'.

Pam
    I went bonkers when I found this and typed out of turn. LOL Same names and birthdates, but different people for sure.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456