Starting to feel at home

Default Looking for my stepmother

I'm looking for my stepmother, her name was Olive Taylor then she married a Harry Keegans in Westminster 1945. She and my father Leonard Daniel Garrett were married at West Ham q3 1956.

I would be very grateful for any information.

I'm sorry, Annie, but we can't allow information about (potentially) living people on the open forum. If anyone can help, they can, of course, send you such info via our Personal Message system provided that you gave a valid email address when you registered.

If you are certain that she's dead, that gives a bit more flexibility.

Lesley

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    I'm sorry, Annie, but we can't allow information about (potentially) living people on the open forum. If anyone can help, they can, of course, send you such info via our Personal Message system provided that you gave a valid email address when you registered.

If you are certain that she's dead, that gives a bit more flexibility.

Lesley
    Yes I am certain that she is dead.

gasser

Her marriage certificates for both Harry Keegans and your father will give name of her father and his occupation along with her usual address at the time of both marriages. This info should enable you to go further back into her family.

Brick wall demolition expert!

If you know when she died and her full name when she died then the death index will either tell you her age, or her date of birth.

That information together with the name of her father might let us find her ancestors for you.

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by gasser View Post
    Her marriage certificates for both Harry Keegans and your father will give name of her father and his occupation along with her usual address at the time of both marriages. This info should enable you to go further back into her family.
    Thanks, gasser, I'll try that.

Banned

Use this website to order the marriage certificate - it costs you only £9.25 (incl. postage) and it's cheaper than anywhere else, even the register office itself.

The marriage certificate from 1945 should give you an approximate age, and then you can start searching for her death registration with her approximate year of birth.

This is the only likely death for an Olive Taylor who was alive in 1945 and 1956:
    First name(s) OLIVE
    Last name GARRETT
    Gender Female
    Birth day 21
    Birth month 9
    Birth year 1899
    Age -
    Death quarter 1
    Death year 1983
    District HASTINGS & ROTHER
    County Sussex