Loves to help with queries

Smile Glasgow 1901 and 11 census for Ritchie

Is anyone able to download and send me the actual census for 1901 for William Ritchie (55) Christina G Ritchie (55) children Robert, John, Elizabeth, William who lived at 32 Mansion St Maryhill regn no.622/1? Thank you if so. Also I would like to know when Will & Chris died? William's parents were John and Janet (nee Scroggie); Christina Gowan's were Robert Boyd and Christina Isabella (nee Gowan). Would greatly appreciate help.

Hi JandL
    the images for the Scotland census enumeration books are only available on ScotlandsPeople, I believe, which is a pay per view site.
    The cost is 1 credit to view the index and 5 credits to view the actual page from the enumerator's book.

https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/co...index.aspx?401

Lesley's 'stickies' at the top of the General Scottish History forum have lots of information for Scotland.
    This one explains about census records. https://www.british-genealogy.com/th...otlands-People

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

For a pay to use site, it's reasonably cheap. 7 pounds gets you 30 credits. I estimate that all of the info you've requested will cost you about 25 credits, and you'll have downloaded copies of the 01 and 11 census forms and the death certs.
    The index to the wills is free, I can't remember how many credits a download costs.

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    For a pay to use site, it's reasonably cheap. 7 pounds gets you 30 credits. I estimate that all of the info you've requested will cost you about 25 credits, and you'll have downloaded copies of the 01 and 11 census forms and the death certs.
    The index to the wills is free, I can't remember how many credits a download costs.
    Also, after registering you can search the indexes for free. For example doing a free search I can see that a Christina Gowan Ritchie b 1846, died in 1903 in Glasgow. You would use 6 credits to download the image.

Loves to help with queries

Thank you Grisel, Christanel and Lesley for responding. Now I understand the system in Scotland and can proceed along that path. Cheers to you all.