Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

1841 Census - HO107 Piece 1231 Book 10 Folio 50 Page 3

Edw Byth, 30, pipe mr, not born in County

Also Harriot Byth, 40, born in County
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

jackiewing2000

Oh wow, thank you. No wonder I couldn't find him. Harriet was his older sister.

By the way Pam, it was Hilary who suggested I try this forum. She wondered if we had a connection. Hence my attempt to track down the origins of Edward senior. I had laid him to rest as previous efforts have failed miserably. Hilary contacted me last week as she had picked up on many of my previous postings dating way back!

Re Edward died 1821 - your initial post gives age at death 50, and calculated DOB 1770/1771. The newspaper report I quoted gave his age as 40, DOB 1780/81 - which wouldn't really fit the 1794 marriage date.

What is the source of your "age at death 50"?

jackiewing2000

This is a poor copy. He was in fact 49 according to the death register, buried 18th August 1821 aged 49, Edward Blyth, Chariot Street. The 9 does look like an 0. This did throw me for some time.

Thanks for the clarification

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi
    We live in Louth and have just found a clay pipe bowl with the words "Blyth" and "Hull" on it, while digging in the garden. It has a kind of reef on it. I didn't know if that would help you with anything? I looked up something about it and saw a Blyth in that family from 1690. Then I saw your post and thought I would tell you about it. I can send you a photo of the clay pipe bowl if you would like it?
    Warmest regards
    Mandy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12