Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    sulee

Wrong George. Mine died in the workhouse in Camberwell! I think it was Havill st infirmary. Thankyou for looking.
    Its what happened to Louisa that really intrigues me. She seems to have disapeared!

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Ok. Louisa is a puzzle! I'm having the same problem finding my gr grandfather's death even though it's only a 2-3 year timespan. It took 16 years to find his birth, over 300 miles away from where I thought it would be!

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

No info found on Louisa but this link is very interesting and they would like to know about any homes etc

https://www.childrenscottagehomes.org.uk

Hello, my name is Jane, I have been researching the same Louisa Rathbone for some time. If she is the right one, then she is a close friend's grandmother. I am not yet a 100 percent sure that she is, but hopeful. I cannot find a birth certificate for her either. The family also think that there is an Irish connection, but I haven't found one yet, as I have so little information to go on. By the way, on the workhouse info that I have, it says that she is destitute, not pregnant. It is therefore possible that she was sent to St Mary's Home to be a maid or kitchen help. If you would like to, we could exchange information and possibly solve the mystery.

Welcome to the Brit-Gen forums Jane.
    Unfortunately the original poster, Sulee, is no longer a member of Brit-Gen and we do not hold any contact information for them so they will not receive notification of your post.

Now that you have revived this thread by posting, it may encourage us to take another look for Louisa.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Jane. I am Suleee. I would love to share my information with you. Thank you for making contact

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Jane. This is the information I have on Louisa Rathbone. She was born 1895 [ish] She didn't have a birth certificate Nor did her brothers. She was the daughter of Clara and George. Clara died in 1901 after giving birth. At this point Louisa went into the workhouse system. And that basically is all I know of her. I really hope she is your friends Grandmother as I would love to find her. Su

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Would one of the moderators know how I can contact Jane?

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Suleee View Post
    Would one of the moderators know how I can contact Jane?
    Left click on her username of Rose Lea 22.
    You should then see a dropdown menu, the third option of which is 'Private message'.
    Click, and you then get everything ready for you to type a subject heading, your message, and then press
    submit message.
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thank you Pam.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast