shondkee

Default Royal Garrison Artillery No. 19 Company

I am researching my great uncle Charles Tucker Reg No. 7432 who served in the Royal Garrison Artillery between 1901 and 1910. On his service documents it has him posted to No. 19 Company on 20 September 1901. I can't seem to find any records on this company. Can anyone tell me if it really existed, if so where it was located and if it was a paper company what it use was.
    I thank you for any help provided.

gasser

Hi
    Are you certain that it was 19 company he transferred to? Having looked at his records it says 79 company.

Reputation beyond repute

On his service documents it has him posted to No. 19 Company on 20 September 1901
    Isn't the explanation on the very next line of his papers?

"Became 79 Company R.G.A. 1-1-02"

I think 79 Company were stationed in Bombay. This ties in with his service record which shows him as being in Malta for a few weeks and then in India.

shondkee

thanks , yes I am aware of 79 company and yes they were stationed in Bombay, he spent 7 years there. On page three of his service record it shows his postings from 3 company to 19 Coy. He went to 19 coy on 20.9 01, I have noticed on page four shows 22 days service in Malta beginning 20.9.01, so I am assuming 19 Coy is on Malta, but I couldn't find any references to No. 19 Coy royal garrison artillery anywhere.

shondkee

Yes i see where you are coming from - 19 coy became 79 Coy

Thanks I appreciated all the help