The Tank

Default WW1 Service from Ibstock area

This is a bit of a long shot but I'm trying to reach out to people whos ancestors served during WW1 and who came from/lived in our little corner of Leicestershire.

I'm writing a book featuring a selection stories of men and women from Bagworth, Congerstone, Ellistown, Heather, Ibstock, Nailstone, Newton Burgoland, Normanton-le-Heath, Odstone, Snarestone and Swepstone. The objective is to try and educate future generations of the sacrifice but we also get to raise some much needed funds for the local British Legion as a result.

I've already done one book detailing all the casualties of the war from these villages - but there were no happy endings to tell - this next one is about the survivors. The link is they all served during the war but the real story is about what happened afterwards - their families, their interests and their approach to overcoming the scars the fighting had left.

We have a Mayor, TocH President, Author and Red Cross Sister but the more mundane the stories the better, these were ordinary people that the history books would never write about and if we don't tell their stories now, they may never get told outside of the families.

If this sounds like something you or someone you know would be interested in PM me.
    Thanks for reading

gasser

What a nice idea!
    I hope you get some 'takers' from this forum, however, have you placed an ad or small article in the local newspapers outlining your intentions? Approached the local radio/TV ?
    I'm pretty sure the more people in the areas you state, the better the result in the long term. Good luck!