Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hey, what is your graduation date? I have graduated from Gower House in 83, maybe we know each other? I remember Mrs Cuddight very well, we kept in touch after my graduation too. Later she bought a property in Budva and moved to Montenegro after she got retired as far as I remember. She was a very nice lady.
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 22-03-2021 at 1:23 PM. Reason: LIve link removed. See our T&Cs.

Quote Originally Posted by ECaulk View Post
    Hey, what is your graduation date? I have graduated from Gower House in 83, maybe we know each other? I remember Mrs Cuddight very well, we kept in touch after my graduation too. Later she bought a property in Budva and moved to Montenegro after she got retired as far as I remember. She was a very nice lady.
    Gosh, I had to think back! I would have left in 1985. We probably would have crossed paths in the playground..which I still remember so well!

A friend of mine, also from Gower House, once bumped into Mrs Cuddihy. I don't remember exactly when, maybe late 90's, early 00's. She was very old, shaky and apologetic that she couldn't remember her.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default GOWER HOUSE SCHOOL 1980s

My name is Ali Keshavji, I attended Gower House School, when I moved from Toronto, Canada to London back in approx 1983. I was almost 6 at the time and I still have extrememly vivid memories of the school, my first day and right up to my last year there before heading to John Lyon School, Harrow when I left in 1989.

I have very clear memories of almost every classroom I stayed in, all the teachers, and other spaces right down to the kitchen, music room, staff room and dining area.

In 1989, while in 4th year (Mrs Day's class) I also went with the school to Austria.

My memories of GHS are still close to my heart, I'm almost 44 years old now and it has been more than 33 years since I left but I had hoped that I could converse with others in my year (there were only 24 in the class year) and maybe even get in touch with a teacher like Mrs Lang or Mrs Day.

I remember a teacher called Mrs Goodfield, {snip} I was in her class {snip}

Mrs Freer - School Secretary

Mrs Ball - retired teacher who would often come in for an afternoon and teach us in our 2nd, 3rd and final (4th year) about such things as Captain Cook, Henry VIII, and anything of historic importance

Mrs Cuddihy - older teacher, 1st year teacher

Mrs Manning - older teacher (AND MY FAVOURITE), 2nd year teacher

Mrs Lang - 3rd year teacher (I was in her class twice, once when I started aged 5, and the second time aged 9 in 3rd year)

Mrs Libby Day - 4th (and final) year teacher

It's funny, now, I have kids, and they are living their happy years in their Australian primary school, I do wonder more each day about 'whatever happened to...?' from Gower House.

It's weird, I think I'm hitting a mid-life crisis - but really I know it's just a natural wonderment and curiousity for the unknown that which lies just out of view.

I must confess, I do not have fond memories of Mr Keane. {snip}

Anyway, I now live in Sydney, work in the Film & TV industry and am thriving - but I do owe much to my NW10 upbringing and Gower House School.

Peace out.

PS Feel free to touch base should anyone wish to comment or get in contact...

{Please use the Private Message system if you do - Mod}

Quote Originally Posted by Gower House Kid View Post
    Gosh, I had to think back! I would have left in 1985. We probably would have crossed paths in the playground..which I still remember so well!

A friend of mine, also from Gower House, once bumped into Mrs Cuddihy. I don't remember exactly when, maybe late 90's, early 00's. She was very old, shaky and apologetic that she couldn't remember her.
    Last edited by Lesley Robertson; 11-09-2021 at 8:57 AM. Reason: Personal details about (probably) living people deleted according to our TOC.

Hey Gower house kid, I remember Mrs Ball and Mrs C clearly. She used to teach me as well for a few years. There was a Mrs Day as well who left after just a year or two. I also remember a Mrs Manning. I have very fond memories of the school, even though it was so many many years ago. Do you remember any of your friends or classmates from your year. Wouldn't it be a pleasant surprise if we were in the same class !!!

Hey Ali, I just saw your message now ! I left GHS a few years earlier, probably 1979 if my memory serves me correctly ! I have very similar feelings about the school and would love to get in touch with my old class mates and teachers...... although the teachers would be extremely old today. Anyway, just great hearing from you old GHS boys !
    Ps. Agree about Keane. I have unpleasant memories of him as well !

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hey Youngatheart - thanks for your response - looks like you left a few years before my time there, I was born in 1977 Luckily, I am in touch with 3 or 4 people from GHS. One or two, like me left the UK but most from my understanding, are still back in London and the surrounds. I've used Facebook to try and get in contact with a few people and I may even start up a GHS group. I just feel, now I am in my mid-40s, it's probably now or never if I am going to make contact with people and see what they remember too...

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Was feeling nostalgic, did a Google search and came across this! My name is Nveed Chaudhary and I left GHS in 1988 going to John Lyon. Still am n contact with a couple of people in the class, but no idea where everyone else is. John Smith? Mehul Pandya? Jermaine Jackson? Bejal Ghandi? Just some of the names I remember. Teachers I remember, Mrs Cuddihy, Mrs Manning, Mrs Lang, Mrs Day, Mrs Marshall, Mrs Francis, Mrs Sealy, Mrs Goodfield, Mrs O’Brian, Mrs Ball, Mr Keene (!), Mrs Downing, Mrs Pervis, Mrs Bailey, Madame Francois. It was yonks ago, but would be so cool to find someone on here that remembers me, Or I remember!!

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Nveed Chaudhary Gower House - I remember you

Hey Nveed

Ali Keshavji here. Did you read my thread above? I attended Gower House School in Blackbird Hill and left in 1989. I mention all the teachers you have so worth reading my list.

I actually remember you Nveed, you should remember me too (I had a brother in the year below me called Mohamed) and I remember Jermaine and John Smith too (John Reynolds too) - Jermaine and I used to share the 'brown coach' home to Harlesden together when I used to live there. I live in Sydney Australia now, and am the ripe ol' age of 44.

I heard Jermaine is well. Steven Grenville was in my class and we keep in touch from time to time and he is still good friends with Jermaine.

Nveed, I have a very vivid memory of the school and many of the students. It's a bit like a big part of my brain still lies in the 1980s trapped in time - even though since then, I've worked on n3 Star Wars films, been to 4 World Cups, completed an MBA and have kids! Mental that so much has happened but I still cannot get my kiddie years out of my brain.

What are you up to? I would love to put my contact details down but this site will not allow it. But you can google me.

Cheers - Ali Keshavji

Quote Originally Posted by Donxcvi View Post
    Was feeling nostalgic, did a Google search and came across this! My name is Nveed Chaudhary and I left GHS in 1988 going to John Lyon. Still am n contact with a couple of people in the class, but no idea where everyone else is. John Smith? Mehul Pandya? Jermaine Jackson? Bejal Ghandi? Just some of the names I remember. Teachers I remember, Mrs Cuddihy, Mrs Manning, Mrs Lang, Mrs Day, Mrs Marshall, Mrs Francis, Mrs Sealy, Mrs Goodfield, Mrs O’Brian, Mrs Ball, Mr Keene (!), Mrs Downing, Mrs Pervis, Mrs Bailey, Madame Francois. It was yonks ago, but would be so cool to find someone on here that remembers me, Or I remember!!

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

You can exchange contact details via the Private Messaging system.
    Click on a person's username, and from the dropdown selection click on 'Private message'.
    Just make sure that you have the 'receive private messages' option ticked in your settings.
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I was a pupil at Gower House from 1970 - 1974. The teachers I remember are Mrs Bachelor, Mrs Cuddihy, Mrs Wall ("like Wall's sausages," she used to say!), Mrs Manning, Mrs Paxton, Mrs Done and Mrs Ball. The headmistress was Mrs Keane. She had a very tall son whom we called Mr Martyn who, I believe, went on to become headteacher. (He had an equally tall wife!). My best friend when I first went there was a boy called Tony Artz; he made me laugh. Later, my best friends were Joey Lane and Dilsian Kasinathan. I was also friends with Michelle, Alison and Julie Pierce... I often think back to those days...lots of memories - mostly happy!
    Clive Webb (now aged 60!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12