Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Cool BEAL-Huntingdonshire

Hi All

I am still on the search for a baptism or birth for Samuel Weston Beal, a carpenter, who says he was born in Oundle, Northamptonshire c1800. Another forum member Janet, has helped me quite a bit when I posted a similar query on the Northamptonshire forum, but we have still not come up with a baptism for this very elusive ancestor of mine. I know quite a lot about him and his family when he marries in Surrey in 1827 and lives in London , but I cannot categorically tie him in to one of the three fathers I know he had.

If anybody has access to parish registers in Huntingdonshire, I would appreciate it if they could do some "Beal" searching.

I do have the registers for Morborne, Haddon and Folksworth, and I've ordered Elton, which should arrive shortly. Unless Samuel just wasn't baptised at all, for whatever reason, he hasn't surfaced in any of the Northamptonshire records.

What I do know: Samuel's grandparents were Thomas and Elizabeth( nee Weston) Beal. They had three sons, Thomas(b1766), Henry(b1770) and John(b1772), all born in Morborne. John went to Oundle and became the village clockmaker. He married Harriet in 1801 in Oundle and all(that I know) of their kids baptisms have been found- but no Samuel! Henry, a carpenter, appears to have married Sarah Oldham in Barnack, Northamptonshire in 1795. I have found him working in Oundle as a master carpenter and four kids baptism's have been found there, the earliest in 1797- but no Samuel! Thomas, a baker, is the son I know the least about. I haven't found any kids for him nor a first marriage. I have a second marriage for him in London in 1821.

Because of the occupation, carpenter, Henry is the most probable father, but this can only be speculation at this stage.

Can anybody help?

I am also willing to do any look-ups for researchers with the CD's I have for the parishes mentioned above.

David

I'm sorry David. We don't allow duplicate searches as they upset people who spend their time searching and then find that that particular piece of information has already been given on another thread. I am therefore going to close this thread. If anyone can help David, the other thread that he mentions is HERE.