Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default George Dunckley of Blisworth born abt. 1633

George Dunckley married Ann Tarry 2.2.1663 in Little Houghton. At the time of his marriage he was a resident of Blisworth but I am almost certain that he was not born there. I think he died in Blisworth 1740-1705.
    Does anyone know where George was born and who his parents were?
    George and Ann had at least 4 children: Alice 1665, William 1667, George 1676/7 and Anne 1681.
    Son George b. 1676/7 married Marie (Mary) Clarke of Blisworth in Gayton 21.10.1696.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hello
    My mother is a direct descendent of George Dunckley & Mary Clarke. I was interested to see you post re his parents as we had hit a brick wall!!.
    George was born and baptised in Blisworth in 1667. He married Mary Clarke on 21 Oct 1695 in Gayton, Northamptonshire, England. They had seven children - two sons - Thomas married Mary Hedge - Mums line and Robert who died same year as born. They only information we have for their five daughters (Mary, Elizabeth, Anne, Martha and Alice) is that Alice married a Bernard Franklin.
    Did you find out anymore information about George & Anne Tarry - I am not having much luck!!
    Hope to hear form you and your connection to Dunckley.
    We love in NZ - my grandfather Norman Hector Dunckley's father Thomas Duncan Dunckley sailed to NZ and married an early English settler's daughter. Funnily enough I teach at her father's (my gg grandfathers) school where he was the first headmaster!!

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hello Elle
    Thank you for your reply to my post. I started my research on the Dunckley Family in 2006, I am a direct descendent of Thomas Dunckley and Mary Hedge. For years I was stuck on George Dunckley, son of George and Ann (Tarry). I tried every genealogy web-site, joined the Northamptonshire Family History Society, and made contact with serveral local historians. I even flew to the UK and visited the Northampton Record Office, looked at old Wills and B.M.D. records for serveral of the neigbouring parishes, all to no avail. Then, at the begining of this year I got a breakthrough! I am 99% certain that I have traced this family back to the year 1570. Not only have I researched OUR Dunckley line in Gayton, but ALL of the Dunckley families in Gayton and the surounding parishes. I have information on all of George and Mary's daughters with the exception of Mary born 1696. George Dunckley born in Blisworth was the first ever Dunckley entered on the Gayton parish records. All of the Gayton Dunckleys (with exception of two familes who were only there for a short period of time) are descended from George and Mary. If you are interested, I can provide you with loads of information (all documented) on the Dunckley family. As this information is too extensive to write on this forum, I suggest that you contact me by e-mail: [email protected]