Mrmaccy

Default HELP - Minnie and Aggie Gray

Hi, PLEASE can anyone help me, i'm looking for information on a person called Minnie/Minny Gray who lived in Aberdeen in the 1910/20/30's and who had a daughter Aggie!! Probably lived in the Carmelite Street/Martin's Lane area. That's about all the information that i have. Thank you :-)

Have you tried the 1911 census? Or looked for death certificates?
    Where have you looked? How old are they likely to be?

Mrmaccy

Hi Lesley,
    Thanks for replying. The trouble is that they're both abbreviated names, Minnie/Minny could be Wiliamina, Wilhelmina, Winifred etc so without a full first name i'm struggling. Aggie is more than likly Agnes, but it's like looking for a needle in a haystack!!

Mrmaccy

Default Agnes Gray's born in Aberdeen 1913-1960

This is a list (link below) of all the Agnes Gray's born in Aberdeen between 1913 and 1960. Is there anyone out there who could check if any of them had a mother called Minnie/Minny or could be Wiliamina, Wilhelmina, Winifred?? Only two are available to view on Scotlands People and as i live in Wales there's not much chance of me getting to the records Office!! If anyone could do this it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you :-)

Searching the 1911 for Aberdeen on Scotlands People, Minnie Gray turned up a single hit who is surely worth a look since you know the area she should be living in? (There's 26 for the whole of Scotland)
    I'm low on credits, so haven't looked beyond the search page.